Achieving Speed of lights

Jun 6, 2020
Visit site
the light cannot escape Blackhole. the gravitational pull of the Blackhole is liable to be stronger than the speed of light. therefore, the object falling in the blackhole must have travelled at the speed more than light. the information is lost only after event horizen . Whether object will travel towards blackhole with the speed more than light, without changing its state?

MarcUK001

Themarcjohnstone
May 31, 2020
marcjohnstone.com
I remember reading some history books when i was at school. When the first steam engine was introduced, it was speculated that the passenger would suffocated at 30 mph. They also said that the speed of sound couldn't be broken. Scientists and engineers tends to like barriers they can break. Just because the people say something is impossible, it doesn't mean to say that it is.

tachyon particle is a hypothetical particle that always travels faster than light. Most physicists believe that faster-than-light particles cannot exist because they are not consistent with the known laws of physics.

the light cannot escape Blackhole. the gravitational pull of the Blackhole is liable to be stronger than the speed of light. therefore, the object falling in the blackhole must have travelled at the speed more than light. the information is lost only after event horizen . Whether object will travel towards blackhole with the speed more than light, without changing its state?
Quantum mechanics say information can't be destroyed :)

Reactions: Daygeesh
Jun 6, 2020
Visit site
thanks for replying but the question remains whether we lose the mass of an object totally at the speed of light or not. the speed of rocket depends upon 1 speed of the exhaust and 2 the fraction of its mass that the rocket loses as it accelerates. !

Reactions: IG2007

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
thanks for replying but the question remains whether we lose the mass of an object totally at the speed of light or not. the speed of rocket depends upon 1 speed of the exhaust and 2 the fraction of its mass that the rocket loses as it accelerates. !

Er, well. If something moves at the speed of light, it cannot have any rest mass or rest energy like photons. That is why we cannot move at the speed of light.

Special Relativity has a formula that directly relates the mass of an object to its speed, the faster it goes the more mass it gains. It gains mass either exponentially or according to a power law, I'm not sure which. The mass increases exponentially as it approaches light speed, and at light speed, the equations show infinite mass. Because of that, it would require infinite energy to accelerate to light speed, meaning it cant happen. Particles in an accelerator can reach speeds very close, 99% + of light speed, however. The only exception I know of are photons, these have no rest mast and so don't require infinite energy to reach light speed. Photons can be captured in gas clouds and slowed to a few miles per hour, I don't know if they can be stopped altogether. Particles from energetic actions in the cosmos can also get very near light speed.

The rocket in your example will gain mass the faster it goes, apart from the fuel loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daygeesh
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
I remember reading some history books when i was at school. When the first steam engine was introduced, it was speculated that the passenger would suffocated at 30 mph. They also said that the speed of sound couldn't be broken. Scientists and engineers tends to like barriers they can break. Just because the people say something is impossible, it doesn't mean to say that it is.

tachyon particle is a hypothetical particle that always travels faster than light. Most physicists believe that faster-than-light particles cannot exist because they are not consistent with the known laws of physics.

Well said. The way I see it is nothing is impossible. It is only impossible if we think we can't do it. The little engine that could also said "I think I can, I think I can."

Well said. The way I see it is nothing is impossible. It is only impossible if we think we can't do it. The little engine that could also said "I think I can, I think I can."
Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.

1. If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it.

2. If you don't ask, the answer will always be no.

3. If you don't step forward, you will always be in the same place.

Sadly I'm not too optimistic about faster than light travel. Also, if the universe is infinite, then you will have to draw the line somewhere as to how far you want to travel.

I wonder how many people who want to go into space. have actually been round our planet first?

Reactions: Truthseeker007
I think that those traveling near the speed of light will not measure any increase in mass. What happens in their frame of reference will be "normal" and the laws of physics will be the same as in other reference frames. It helps me to remember what Einstein originally called his theory -- the Invariance Theory. His theory gave physics equal standing in any reference frame.

Outside observers of the spaceship would be able to recognize the mass gain as well as the time dilation. But even time dilation is observed from the spaceship of those outside observers, hence relativity.

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Don't think what is making ourselves faster? explain a bit more, please.

I believe the universe goes faster when you use illegal substances, what have you been doing?:):):)

Thanks, David:)
Haha! It would be nice to have some illegal substances maybe I could figure out how to do it. :D

I am just trying to think outside the box on how do extraterrestrials travel through space fast and not using a wormhole and just seeing how their ships move in the different videos I see.

It comes to my mind that when they travel through space instead of themselves moving through it maybe with their technology they make space move around them. Where there vehicle is actually still but the space moves around them faster then light speeds. I know it is out there but I think it is a possibility.

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.

1. If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it.

2. If you don't ask, the answer will always be no.

3. If you don't step forward, you will always be in the same place.

Sadly I'm not too optimistic about faster than light travel. Also, if the universe is infinite, then you will have to draw the line somewhere as to how far you want to travel.

I wonder how many people who want to go into space. have actually been round our planet first?

I totally agree. And if this life is nothing but an illusion and we create reality with our consciousness and imagination anything and everything is possible.

I don't think the universe is infinite but is one universe of many. As above so below. I do think their are an infinite amount of timelines and around 12 dimensions. We are currently focused on the 3rd.

Think about this for a moment. How fast do you move when you think about going to the moon in your mind? Can you not go to the moon instantly in your mind and consciousness? Now go a little further how fast do you move when you think about the end of the Universe? Can you not get there instantly in your consciousness?

Reactions: David-J-Franks

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
Our mind and consciousness does nothing but just merges what our sense organs sense. Quoting JK Rowling who said it in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows from the mouth of Dumbledore, "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" Everything we think that we know, we imagine and are seeing are just formed in our brain from scratches of information our sense organs sense. Even Einstein got his famous equation E=mc^2 from his dreams. So brilliant are our minds!

Well, coming back from Philosophy, we still don't know if there are 12 dimensions. The String Theory isn't proved yet. It is still a theory like Relativity. We do not yet have the M-theory. And also, @Truthseeker007 , we are focused on the first four, not only on the third. Special Relativity said that nothing can move at the speed of light, but if you think paradoxically, you'll get that you can't move at the speed of light but less or more than that. It's due to the theory of acceleration, that we can't move more than the speed of light. But hey, some parts of space is expanding more than the speed of light. So, we don't we know everything.

Reactions: Catastrophe
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Our mind and consciousness does nothing but just merges what our sense organs sense. Quoting JK Rowling who said it in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows from the mouth of Dumbledore, "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" Everything we think that we know, we imagine and are seeing are just formed in our brain from scratches of information our sense organs sense. Even Einstein got his famous equation E=mc^2 from his dreams. So brilliant are our minds!

Well, coming back from Philosophy, we still don't know if there are 12 dimensions. The String Theory isn't proved yet. It is still a theory like Relativity. We do not yet have the M-theory. And also, @Truthseeker007 , we are focused on the first four, not only on the third. Special Relativity said that nothing can move at the speed of light, but if you think paradoxically, you'll get that you can't move at the speed of light but less or more than that. It's due to the theory of acceleration, that we can't move more than the speed of light. But hey, some parts of space is expanding more than the speed of light. So, we don't we know everything.
It will all be proved in time grasshopper. :) But then again there really is no time as some say past,present and future are always going all at the same time. Time is only an instrument we use to focus on this experience.

Even Einstein got his famous equation E=mc^2 from his dreams. So brilliant are our minds!
But Einstein would be the first to say that not every idea he had was real. Things imagined are imaginary, though they can easily present a new path worth taking. They are critical to progress.

Well, coming back from Philosophy, we still don't know if there are 12 dimensions. The String Theory isn't proved yet. It is still a theory like Relativity. We do not yet have the M-theory.
We do have many theories, including M-theory, though some argue the many we have regarding strings are not falsifiable enough to qualify as scientific theories. No theory, however, can be "proved"; they are only falsified.

It's due to the theory of acceleration, that we can't move more than the speed of light.
Well, Einstein fixed one and only one speed that could ever be measured for the speed of light. From that came SR (Special Relativity), then years later, he gave us GR that better addressed acceleration.

But hey, some parts of space is expanding more than the speed of light. So, we don't we know everything.
Yes, though all parts of spacetime are expanding essentially uniformly faster than the speed of light if you are considering those most distant regions from us. This is true from any point in space.

Reactions: IG2007

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
I can imagine all this energy being used up as it explodes through a narrow restriction (not a point) and enters a new "system" as a Big Bang. Something I have been advocating for some time. :)

Latest posts