actor Mike Vogel as James Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starsinmyeyes44

Movie website IESB.net is claiming that actor Mike Vogel will be cast as James Kirk in the 11th Star Trek film. I've not heard of him before. Also mentions other actors confirmed for the roles of Spock and Checkov. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff00ff">In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back.<br /></font><strong>Charlie Brown</strong></p> </div>

P

PistolPete

I'm going to look that name up, I'll be right back. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><em>So, again we are defeated. This victory belongs to the farmers, not us.</em></p><p><strong>-Kambei Shimada from the movie Seven Samurai</strong></p> </div>

P

PistolPete

He's been in several major films, one of the most notable being Poseidon. However, I haven't actually seen any of the films that he's been in so I can't attest as to whether I think he will be good or not. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><em>So, again we are defeated. This victory belongs to the farmers, not us.</em></p><p><strong>-Kambei Shimada from the movie Seven Samurai</strong></p> </div>

P

PistolPete

So Simon Pegg is going to play Scotty and John Cho is going to play Sulu<br /><br />I thought James Kyson Lee who plays Ando on Heroes would have been a better choice. As far as I'm concerned Lee and Takei look more alike and even sound somewhat alike. At any rate it would complete the Star Trek-Heroes connection full circle.<br /><br />Simon Pegg as Scotty... [shakes head and laughs] is this new movie going to be a parody or is it going to be the Galaxy Quest version of a Star Trek movie.<br /><br />Actually, I'm not complaining if it is. Maybe Star Trek should stop taking itself so seriously if it wants to rejuvenate itself. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><em>So, again we are defeated. This victory belongs to the farmers, not us.</em></p><p><strong>-Kambei Shimada from the movie Seven Samurai</strong></p> </div>

D

docm

Many changes etc. along with their IMDB links & sources.<br /><br /><b>Star Trek XI casting update:</b><br /><br /><b>Nero (villain):</b> Eric Bana (source: Variety, IMDB) (rumored a Romulan)<br /><br /><b>James T. Kirk:</b> Chris Pine (in talks)(source: Variety, Hollywood Reporter & IMDB)<br /><br /><b>Spock:</b> Zachary Quinto (source: Variety, IMDB)<br /><b><br />Leonard McCoy:</b> TBD<br /><br /><b>Montgomery Scott:</b> Simon Pegg (source: Variety, Trek Movie Report)<br /><br /><b>Nyota Uhura:</b> Zoe Saldana (source: Variety, IMDB)<br /><br /><b>Hikaru Sulu:</b> John Cho (source: StarTrek.com, Trek Movie Report)<br /><b><br />Pavel Checkov:</b> Anton Yelchin (source: Variety, IMDB)<br /><br /><b>Old Spock:</b> Leonard Nimoy (source: Variety, IMDB)<br /><br /><b>????????:</b> Mike Vogel (source: IMDB) (McCoy?)<br /><br />There is also a rumor that Karl Urban is up for a role. One speculation is that it could be Captain Garrovick of the USS Farragut, one of Kirks CO's before being posted to the USS Enterprise and a victim of the hemoglobin-eating entity in "Obsession".<br /><br />Casting continued: known other characters<br /><br />Federation Captain: ???? (Garrovick?)<br />Capt. Christopher Pike: ???? (Captain of the Enterprise before Kirk)<br />George Kirk (Kirk’s father): ???? <br />Mrs. Kirk (Kirk’s mother): ???? <br /><br />unconfirmed cast<br /> <b></b> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.