Twilight Zone Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starsinmyeyes44

<p><font size="2" color="#0000ff">Don't forget The Twilight Zone marathon on&nbsp;the Sci-Fi channel.&nbsp;&nbsp; Started this evening and goes all through New Year's Day.&nbsp;</font></p><p><font size="2" color="#0000ff">&nbsp;&nbsp;</font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff00ff">In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back.<br /></font><strong>Charlie Brown</strong></p> </div>

D

docm

It's been on here all day with the DVD recorder running.&nbsp; Gone through 4 discs already. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

jim48

<strong><font size="2">If you haven't already, order a copy of <em>The Twilight Zone Companion</em>, by Marc Scott Zecree. Orginally published in the early '80s he has updated it. He is an occasional guest of George Noory's on <em>Coast to Coast AM</em>. Rod Serling's widow Carole gave Zecree the keys to the kingdom for his research.&nbsp;If you're a <em>Zone</em> fan then you must have this book!</font></strong> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

Doc_Grey

<p>Was so glad it was on.</p><p>My 16 y/o daughter is home visiting from out of state and we've been watching it almost all day. I may have a fledgling sci fi fan in the works.</p>

D

docm

I fledged&nbsp;during the 50's&nbsp;on Azimov's Lucky Starr series & by 16 I was reading every scifi I could lay my hands on. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

starsinmyeyes44

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Was so glad it was on.My 16 y/o daughter is home visiting from out of state and we've been watching it almost all day. I may have a fledgling sci fi fan in the works. <br />Posted by Doc_Grey</DIV></p><p><font size="2" color="#0000ff">Hi, Doc_Grey.&nbsp;&nbsp; She sounds like me!&nbsp;&nbsp;My father&nbsp;is a big science fiction (film and book) fan and he definitely passed his sci-fi genes to me.&nbsp; I remember going&nbsp;with my father to a drive-in movie to watch&nbsp;"Beneath the Planet of the Apes".....my sister and mother politely declined to go&nbsp;with him, but I loved it.&nbsp; I was only a baby when the original Star Trek was on TV, but when&nbsp;reruns began airing....my father and I would plant ourselves in front of the TV to watch.&nbsp; </font></p><p><font size="2" color="#0000ff">He would go to the used book store and bring back stacks of science fiction books ( and westerns, which I never got into...Zane Grey and such)&nbsp; and I started reading sci fi when I was in junior high.</font></p><p><font size="2" color="#0000ff">Now, my son&nbsp;is showing that he has inherited the "sci fi gene" too.&nbsp; For Christmas, he got the entire "Orphanage" series by Robert Buettner. He loved the Ender's series.&nbsp; He loves science fiction movies also.&nbsp; He makes fun of&nbsp; the original Star Trek (those.........dramatic........pauses.......by Shatner), but every time I get out a TOS DVD, he stops what he is doing and watches it with me.</font></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><font size="2" color="#0000ff">Sometimes it's hard for fathers and daughters to find things to talk about.&nbsp; But I can always get my father to talk with me about the latest book he's read or about what sci fi movie he's watched lately (didn't like the recent Day the Earth Stood Still at all.....did like Wall-E, tho).</font></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><font size="2" color="#0000ff">Wishing you and your daughter many happy sci fi memories!</font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff00ff">In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back.<br /></font><strong>Charlie Brown</strong></p> </div>

D

Doc_Grey

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Hi, Doc_Grey.&nbsp;&nbsp; She sounds like me!&nbsp;&nbsp;My father&nbsp;is a big science fiction (film and book) fan and he definitely passed his sci-fi genes to me.&nbsp; I remember going&nbsp;with my father to a drive-in movie to watch&nbsp;"Beneath the Planet of the Apes".....my sister and mother politely declined to go&nbsp;with him, but I loved it.&nbsp; I was only a baby when the original Star Trek was on TV, but when&nbsp;reruns began airing....my father and I would plant ourselves in front of the TV to watch.&nbsp; He would go to the used book store and bring back stacks of science fiction books ( and westerns, which I never got into...Zane Grey and such)&nbsp; and I started reading sci fi when I was in junior high.Now, my son&nbsp;is showing that he has inherited the "sci fi gene" too.&nbsp; For Christmas, he got the entire "Orphanage" series by Robert Buettner. He loved the Ender's series.&nbsp; He loves science fiction movies also.&nbsp; He makes fun of&nbsp; the original Star Trek (those.........dramatic........pauses.......by Shatner), but every time I get out a TOS DVD, he stops what he is doing and watches it with me.&nbsp;Sometimes it's hard for fathers and daughters to find things to talk about.&nbsp; But I can always get my father to talk with me about the latest book he's read or about what sci fi movie he's watched lately (didn't like the recent Day the Earth Stood Still at all.....did like Wall-E, tho).&nbsp;Wishing you and your daughter many happy sci fi memories! <br />Posted by starsinmyeyes44</DIV></p><p>Well, her #1 love is anime and Japanese culture which I've been a good sport learning about to keep those rare common interests open (we usually watch Ghost in the Shell reruns together)-you're right dads and daughters are different breeds somtimes. </p><p>And I laughed my butt off when Shatner looked out the window and was faced with the rather cheesy looking 'monster' in <em>Terror at 20,000 Feet...</em>she guessed it was coming and still jumped!<br /></p>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts