AI, robotics and possible human like Androids.

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Star Trek even dabbled in this. Spock had the Vulcan mind melt. And there was that one episode where Spock transferred everything he was over to Dr. McCoy.
That was in the movies, ST 2 & 3 where Spock ‘copied/pasted’ his core mind into McCoy, then ultimately died from radiation saving the ship. He was resurrected, pasted his McCoy copy into the new Spock in ST 3&4, if I recall.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
AI, robotics and possible human like Androids.

Perhaps humans are just not suited in leaving this planet. Pack in the best (whatever that may be), leave out the worst/,most - and pack off the robots as our surrogates. Be kind to the other life in this galaxy, folks.

Cat :)

If mankind is going to start producing synthetic beings in its own image, then it is in for trouble. Hopefully we will see the dangers in time.

Cat ;) ;) ;)
Yes, the British Sci-Fi series "Humans" showed the consequences of that very well. Some were good, some went rouge. We made them very attractive, and Niska was forced into prostitution, so she rebelled against her keepers.
" Pimps " basically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

Quick look Ch 4 found nothing. The following general back story found:

"Humans is a science fiction television series that debuted on Channel 4. ... A third series was commissioned in March 2017 and aired eight episodes between 17 May and 5 July 2018. In May 2019, Channel 4 announced that the series had been cancelled."

Anyway, I got Series 1 at very good price to look see. Thanks for your input.

Cat :) :) :)

Reactions: Clovis
Quick look Ch 4 found nothing. The following general back story found:

"Humans is a science fiction television series that debuted on Channel 4. ... A third series was commissioned in March 2017 and aired eight episodes between 17 May and 5 July 2018. In May 2019, Channel 4 announced that the series had been cancelled."

Anyway, I got Series 1 at very good price to look see. Thanks for your input.

Cat :) :) :)

I wondered about what happened to it. I thought it was very well done and better than TWD. But this is said to be the last season for the walking dead. I think the whole zombie thing has pretty well played itself out.

Jul 4, 2021
Visit site
Obviously, human being's cannot travel to the stars aboard a generational starship. If in the future, it becomes possible to literally transplant a human brain into an Android body, the possibilities could be limitless.

Jul 4, 2021
Visit site
Question: If you were dying, would you allow everything you are or were, to be transferred over into an Android duplicate?
Memory, everything, if there were the capibilty of doing that. I know it's all far flung SciFi, And what if your consciousness came with that ? PureCrystal as a brain is very interesting, and all the data it could hold. Once there is a corpse, it's all lost in the physical world.
That could very well be our first emissary from the stars

Catastrophe

Do you think that brains will last for ever, even in a 'suitable' artificial environment? I can tell you that brains do lose working cells with age.

It has been widely found that the volume of the brain and/or its weight declines with age at a rate of around 5% per decade after age 401 with the actual rate of decline possibly increasing with age particularly over age 70. The manner in which this occurs is less clear.
Ageing and the brain - NCBI - NIH
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › articles › PMC2596698

Cat :)

Reactions: Clovis
Jul 27, 2021
Visit site
'Bicentennial men' - good and kind conception and it looks unreachable.
What is consciousness (and where is it in our body) is still not resolved.
AI - is an umbrella definition of all that 'a machine' making without human involvement.
Android just a human-like ('Boston' dogs might have also it's -onim, nick name).
Science strive is to make machine learning algorithms behave like a human would do, feeding the whole available 'memory'. So that is far from a personality, which is made of personal experience.
Whatever intelligence would be created, will it have some upper-level ambitions?

'Bicentennial men' - good and kind conception and it looks unreachable.
What is consciousness (and where is it in our body) is still not resolved.
AI - is an umbrella definition of all that 'a machine' making without human involvement.
Android just a human-like ('Boston' dogs might have also it's -onim, nick name).
Science strive is to make machine learning algorithms behave like a human would do, feeding the whole available 'memory'. So that is far from a personality, which is made of personal experience.
Whatever intelligence would be created, will it have some upper-level ambitions?
Bicentennial man was a self replacing Android by the time he was done.
Replaceing human organs with biomechanics to save a human life makes them a Cyborg. Thus we now have the pacemaker, to regulate a hearts pulse. Any device like that is biomechanics.

Any Android completely composed of that is Biomechanical. That's what makes them an Android . Flexable fiberoptic strands in a bundle that contract and relax for a muscle , not hydraulic cylinders or tiny motors.
Pure Crystal brains, and focal eye lenses. Charging, no problem, tiny chemical electrolic wafers they would eat, just like we do with our food.

Last edited:

Latest posts