An aggressive species

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dryson

He is a good back drop for a sci-fi story or is it, it may possibly happen. We all know that the Universe is infinite and that there is life present throughout the Universe, we just haven't discovered them yet and they have not presented theirself to us yet in open diplomacy. What if however we were discovered by an extremely aggressive species of aliens that had the demeanor of a ALIEN with the intelligence of the Asgard? How do you think they would try to conqueror the Earth?

I think that they would know that a planetary assault would cost them alot of their soldiers as well as creating alot of damage to the planet itself which would then take them ages to rebuild. I think that if an aggressive species wanted to take us out they would attack our most vital source of defense and offense and that would be the Sun. Without the Sun we would have maybe five years of available food to feed everyone. Once the food ran out it would a race against time in which the survival of the fittest would wreak total havoc across the population of the Earth, of course this would occur among those that were left after the mass hysteria of the Sun being turned into a brown dwarf at around 70% of the population.

After the mass hysteria of the Sun being turned into a brown dwarf there would be those that would try and capitalize off of this fear and crime waves would begin to build up thus causing even more chaos and death amongst the population of Earth. When the invading aliens had decided that the force of resistance was manageable, they would send in their assault forces and simply eradicate any remaining human presence. In order for them to benefit from the cradle of Earth they would then have to have a way to restart the Sun so that it could continue the cycles of growth for the new residents of Earth to grow their crops with as well as providing the much needed energy that would power solar generators and other solar powered equipment.

So how do you think an ALIEN/Asgard species would take over the Earth?

R

redbert

Wow, I lost count of the bad assumptions and bad science in this post

J

JeffreyNYA

redbert":1w28ipay said:
Wow, I lost count of the bad assumptions and bad science in this post

Come on, don't be lazy. If you have time to read the post and time to comment on it, then you certainly have time to count. :lol:

D

dryson

So you assume that an alien species with the knowledge to travel faster then light speed would not have more advanced technology then we do. By assuming no, this shows your short sightedness and inability to grasp the facy that Earth is not the only planet out there with life on it. I am quite certain that somewhere in this infinite universe there is a species that is able to control the core of sun and would be able to decrease the energetic out of the sun as well as increase the energetic output of the sun as well. Life is not governed by how humanity thinks it should be life is governed by a species ability to adapt to it's environment in order to evolve. The Universe does not revolve around Earth nor do human's control the Universe by thinking that it does. The Universe has been around trillions of years before the Earth even became the Earth and even before humanity took it's first fateful breath of oxygen as it emerged from the bacterial pits of being no more bigger then an amoeba. The more that you deny the possibility of what is based off of what you think you may know the more likely that what you don't know and are are fearful of understanding will kill you.

K

kelvinzero

The sun is a fantastically greater resource than the earth. No race would destroy the sun to pick on us. It is more likely to consume the sun and not even notice we are here. It would also consume every other sun it visits, so we would experience this race as an expanding sphere of vanishing suns.

Another interesting thing is that this sphere could appear to expand towards us faster than the speed of light.
Suppose they began their expansion 100 light years away, at 99% of the speed of light. (extreme values just for example) By the time we saw their beginning (one hundred years ago) they would be only one light year away. Over a single year we would see the sphere expand from a hundred light years away right to our doorstep.

It is a personal fear of mine that our first evidence of advanced life may be a curiously symmetric sphere of missing stars expanding towards us.

J

JeffreyNYA

kelvinzero":3x28z1lq said:
The sun is a fantastically greater resource than the earth. No race would destroy the sun to pick on us. It is more likely to consume the sun and not even notice we are here. It would also consume every other sun it visits, so we would experience this race as an expanding sphere of vanishing suns.

Another interesting thing is that this sphere could appear to expand towards us faster than the speed of light.
Suppose they began their expansion 100 light years away, at 99% of the speed of light. (extreme values just for example) By the time we saw their beginning (one hundred years ago) they would be only one light year away. Over a single year we would see the sphere expand from a hundred light years away right to our doorstep.

It is a personal fear of mine that our first evidence of advanced life may be a curiously symmetric sphere of missing stars expanding towards us.

Hmm, I read a good book about this very things a while back. Will have to look and see what it was. But basically it was about an advanced civilization flying from star to star destroying them.

R

redbert

for Science Fiction, I can assume that there are alien civilazations that can travel through space

Some of your bad assumptions / science include the following :

We all know that the Universe is infinite
> the universe is finite

and that there is life present throughout the Universe,
> NOT throughout , there may be isolated pockets

I think that they would know that a planetary assault would cost them alot of their soldiers
>Not one of their soldiers would need to die: they would be way more advanced.

Without the Sun we would have maybe five years of available food to feed everyone.

>Without the Sun we would have about five minutes of life.

After the mass hysteria of the Sun being turned into a brown dwarf there would be those that would try and capitalize off of this fear and crime waves would begin to build up thus causing even more chaos and death amongst the population of Earth.
> change the size mass of the sun and our orbit changes

When the invading aliens had decided that the force of resistance was manageable, they would send in their assault forces and simply eradicate any remaining human presence. In order for them to benefit from the cradle of Earth they would then have to have a way to restart the Sun so that it could continue the cycles of growth for the new residents of Earth to grow their crops with as well as providing the much needed energy that would power solar generators and other solar powered equipment.

> so they have the power to restart a star and they use solar powered equipment? why ?

Yes, I know this is a Science Fiction thread,……. however from a plot viewpoint, you are describing an alien civilization that has the needed power to travel many lights years through space, has the needed power to dim a star and then the power to restart it, but at the same time would suffer heavy losses battling humans, and use solar power.

Why not just steer a few dozen truck size asteroids at us?
Why not just engineer a human killing virus?
Etc, etc,

Status
Not open for further replies.