An asteroid the of a car just zipped by Earth in close flyby

Jul 28, 2020
Visit site
Wait... How were they able to discover this asteroid? I though the Starlink satellites had destroyed earth based Astronomy? Does this mean rural communities around the world can have internet and Astronomy can continue to discover and research at the same time?

Jan 31, 2020
Visit site
Wait... How were they able to discover this asteroid? I though the Starlink satellites had destroyed earth based Astronomy? Does this mean rural communities around the world can have internet and Astronomy can continue to discover and research at the same time?
Yup. :) What anti-SpaceX crazies refuse to acknowledge, because it doesn't serve thier cause, is that Starlink satellites only shine when they are NOT in the Earth's shadow, but of course they often are and (with the exception of summer at high lattitude) at local midnight ALL near-earth orbital objects above you are in the Earth's shadow. I have brought that up repeatedly in various contexts and the silence in responding has been amazing. They cannot refute it because doing so would be false and cannot support it because it is politically incorrect....so you hear crickets. :)

Latest posts