An idea: Particle Beam Reflector Sattelites can solve World problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PJay_A

<p>I have an idea. I'm not a scientist or an engineer, so I don't even know if what I am about to propose is even possible, so anyone who may know anything about the science of what I am about to propose, please let me know if my idea is even possible. Okay, here's my idea:</p><p>With the World's ice caps melting, an abundance of fresh water is being created in excess. Meanwhile other parts of the World are/will experiencing droughts, consecquencing causing a shortage of food production. I propose constructing giant machines to be installed in the glacier regions where fresh water collects after melting that would suck in this water and process it into water vaper, where it would be fed into particle beams that would be beamed to a geosyncronous satellite system that would use beam splitters and reflectors and redistribute the beams to dry areas of the World, where beam collectors would extract the vaper and recondition it back to water for collection into aquaducks for local consumption. A similiar system could be used to send water, oxygen, and fuel to the ISS and future space habitats.</p><p>The machines on the ground would consume massive amounts of energy, I understand, but the beam reflection satellites can also collect solar energy and microwave that energy to both the beam generator ground stations and the beam collector ground stations that could power the whole system. </p>

U

UFmbutler

<p>I think this idea is not feasible for many reasons.&nbsp; First, how would these machines collect the water?&nbsp; Where would you put them?&nbsp; You certainly can't put one near every glacier in the world...and even if you could, how would it capture all the water that is melting?&nbsp; The whole satellite thing is just unnecessarily complicated.&nbsp; A much simpler way that, if you found a way to collect the water which is unlikely, you could get it to where you want to go is just periodically send ships to pick up these "machines" when they're full.&nbsp; But if it were really this simple, we would already be sending ice mining ships to glaciers and just taking chunks off of them, instead of waiting for them to melt.&nbsp; </p><p>As nice as it would be to be able to do this, I think it is both likely impossible and it requires so much new technology that even if it were possible, most of the glaciers in question would be melted by the time it was finished.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts