Andromida Strain Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bdewoody

I just watched this movie on A&E.&nbsp; I think it was well done except maybe for the added government conspiracy angle.&nbsp; It was much better than some of the garbage that has been on the SciFi channel lately. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em><font size="2">Bob DeWoody</font></em> </div>

A

abq_farside

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I just watched this movie on A&E.&nbsp; I think it was well done except maybe for the added government conspiracy angle.&nbsp; It was much better than some of the garbage that has been on the SciFi channel lately. <br />Posted by bdewoody</DIV><br /><br />I saw the original movie back when it came out (early 70's) and I think it had a government conspiracy angle at the end too.&nbsp; </p><p>Always enjoyed the movie.&nbsp; Michael Crichton has done a lot of work.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><em><font size="1" color="#000080">Don't let who you are keep you from becoming who you want to be!</font></em></p> </div>

Z

ZenGalacticore

It wasn't a bad film. But it kind of unwravelled in the last hour. It was too long. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>ZenGalacticore</p> </div>

J

jmilsom

The original is a classic. It was in the heyday of splitting the screen into little boxes with different scenes. Seeing it as a child really scared me. It does go on though doesn't it!<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Z

ZenGalacticore

<p>I have the original on dvd. Yeah, it's a good movie. Compared with the original, it was almost over-kill how far they took the remake. I don't recall a wormhole being involved in the original film but it's been a while since I watched it and- almost ashamed to admit- I never read the book if there was one. Was there, or was it always a screenplay?</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>ZenGalacticore</p> </div>

D

docm

<font size="3">The wormhole angle&nbsp;was cut from whole cloth for the miniseries.&nbsp; In the book the satellite was gathering upper atmosphere bugs for bioweapons research.</font> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.