Are tsunamis affeted by such variables as...[opinion needed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

why06

<font color="yellow">Are tsunamis affected by such variables a salt content and temperature?<br /><font color="white"><br />1. Can the rate in which a tsunami travels be affected by the salt cntents of the waters it travels through?<br />- What about the temperatures of the water?<br />2. Can this variables also effect the hiegt of the wave?<br /><br /><font color="yellow">Reason for question:<font color="white"><br />I have a science project due in a couple of days a need and could use any extra imformation someone could give me. I know that this is probably the wrong space for this topic, but the Forces of Nature forum moves dangerously slow So I hope the Moderators, being the loving creaturs they are will tolerate this post for a couple days.<br /><br />For a continuing discussion I will replace in Forces of Nature if need be...</font></font></font></font> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div>________________________________________ <br /></div><div><ul><li><font color="#008000"><em>your move...</em></font></li></ul></div> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

I would think salt content can have some effect, since it affects density. Ditto for temperature.<br /><br />Height? hmmm, possible, I guess since a denser medium might be more efficient in cupling the land shift to the water, but that's pretty speculative. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts