Question As a hole?

May 1, 2020
Visit site
What is at the bottom of blackholes? How deep are blackholes? Could our sun possibly be the end of a blackhole?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
The bottom of a black hole is a gravitational singularity,where the space time curvature is infinite. At the end of our sun it could not be a black hole, because for a black hole the star's mass should be 20 times bigger than our sun.

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
First of all, no one knows what is at the bottom of a blackhole. Secondly, the depth of a blackhole is the length between it's Event Horizons and the centre.

And your last question has an easy answer, a big NO. The sun has a definite density, not infinite.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
NASA agrees with Indian Genius:

"Will the Sun become a black hole? No, it's too small for that!

The Sun would need to be about 20 times more massive to end its life as a black hole."

IG is very often correct and NASA have probably heard of him

Cat :)

IG - just so you know - that is meant as a compliment.

Reactions: IG2007
May 1, 2020
Visit site
First of all, no one knows what is at the bottom of a blackhole. Secondly, the depth of a blackhole is the length between it's Event Horizons and the centre.

And your last question has an easy answer, a big NO. The sun has a definite density, not infinite.
Based on facts that is available to astronomers,has anyone given an educated guess as to what could be at the bottom?
#2/why can light not escape the clutches of a blackhole?

May 1, 2020
Visit site
NASA agrees with Indian Genius:

"Will the Sun become a black hole? No, it's too small for that!

The Sun would need to be about 20 times more massive to end its life as a black hole."

IG is very often correct and NASA have probably heard of him

Cat :)

IG - just so you know - that is meant as a compliment.
I wasn't asking if our sun could eventually become a blackhole but is it possible that our sun just might be the exit point of a blackhole

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
01wish,

The most educated physicist in the world doesn't know what is at the bottom of a blackhole. Some say it's a singularity, which means 0 volume. Light cannot escape the clutches of the blackhole because of the immensely powerful gravity of the blackhole.

It depends on what you want to mean as "exit point". If you want to ask, whether our sun is a whitehole or not, I don't think that our sun is a whitehole. If you want to say that the sun is at the edge of the gravitational pull of a blackhole, yes, our sun is located at the edges of the Milky Way Galaxy which has a blackhole (Sagittarius A*) as its center.

Now, you might want to ask, what is a whitehole? A whitehole is a hypothetical object, as formulated by the General Theory of Relativity, from light and matter escapes. The same light and matter that goes inside the blackhole comes out from a whitehole. Though, such object hasn't been found yet.

Catastrophe

If you search

Is there a such thing as a white hole?

You get
  • There is no such thing as a white hole. In the 60s and 70s, a 'white hole' was a hypothetical object responsible for the vast amount of energy being emitted from Quasars, possibly the exaust of a black hole. The was never any theoretical basis for such an object.
stet

Catastrophe

They are only words. If you take my ∞ model I see our Universe arising from the nexus in the middle and expanding (NOT linearly) to the right. I one believes in the BB that would be their model, starting from the BB. Only creationists can believe that there is nothing before the nexus. I see the Nexus as an opening, not as a start from zero. It only makes sense that these was something from which our Universe grows. I also think that it is a waste of time to juggle around with words which mean nothing in the context of conditions near the B. It is like trying to explain electrical devices (TV, whatever) to sentient creatures living totally in an aqueous environment.

Latest posts