Asteroid Ryugu holds secrets of our solar system's past, present and future

"Furthermore, the Ryugu samples may not just be useful in determining conditions found in the solar system today. Because asteroids are formed from material around the sun leftover from the formation of the planets about 4.6 billion years ago, they contain a "fossil record" of conditions in the early solar system, too."

My note, this asteroid has not been in its present position for any time span like the above, should be noted clearly I think.

Messenger comets might be why Earth has life, asteroid Ryugu samples suggest, https://forums.space.com/threads/me...as-life-asteroid-ryugu-samples-suggest.65007/

Whatever interpretation of organics said to be found, Ryugu has not existed for billions of years in its present position around the Sun.

I am waiting when they will send a probe to a NEO M-Type (metallic) asteroids. Like 3554 Amun or 1986 DA. They hold a promise of commercially viable asteroid mining business model given inexpensive space lift capability promised by SpaceX. I was able to publish peer-reviewed article describing practical ideas to setup iron-nickel query on NEO M-Type asteroids
REVIEW ON QUARRYING METHODS SUITABLE FOR SPACE MINING MISSIONS
Asteroid-Img-3.jpg