Asteroids and Tardigrades

Dwight Huth

BANNED
Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
I recently read about how Tardigrades are able to survive very well in space.

Could it be possible that Tardigrades would be able to survive on asteroids or comets where there is more than enough water for millions of them to live off of? I also read that some Tardigrades feed on other Tardigrades. An interesting theory just presented itself. Lets say that two species of Tardigrades that feed on each other are on the same comet. As the comet comes close to a sun the water becomes fluid enough for the two species to come out of dormancy where they then feed on each other and reproduce. In the process of feeding on each other bio-waste is created along with reproduction fluids that then paves the way for other bacteria to have elements to feed. The process of the Tardigrades feeding on each other and creating bio-waste could then add to the process of creating nutrients for plant based life on a planet. Could such a comet and its Tardigrades and bacteria and viruses eventually find their way to a planet's surface where they are then able to rapidly multiply?

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
I recently read about how Tardigrades are able to survive very well in space.

Could it be possible that Tardigrades would be able to survive on asteroids or comets where there is more than enough water for millions of them to live off of? I also read that some Tardigrades feed on other Tardigrades. An interesting theory just presented itself. Lets say that two species of Tardigrades that feed on each other are on the same comet. As the comet comes close to a sun the water becomes fluid enough for the two species to come out of dormancy where they then feed on each other and reproduce. In the process of feeding on each other bio-waste is created along with reproduction fluids that then paves the way for other bacteria to have elements to feed. The process of the Tardigrades feeding on each other and creating bio-waste could then add to the process of creating nutrients for plant based life on a planet. Could such a comet and its Tardigrades and bacteria and viruses eventually find their way to a planet's surface where they are then able to rapidly multiply?

I don't see why that couldn't be possible.

Latest posts