Astrophysics, Using a New Method of Space Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H20_02_C02

Why don't we use a different method of space travel instead of using the old methods. This will be a step up for mankind with astrophysics. I figure, why not use the dark energy in space for traveling, there is a difference between dark energy and dark matter, dark energy causes the dark matter in space to inevitably expand, the dark energy is composed of electromagnetic and micro waves that form a kinetic energy meaning constant energy. I'm sure we can figure out a way to use that dark energy as a form of power for example, how we take the suns solar energy and use it as a form of energy and power.

M

michaelmozina

H20_02_C02":2vn1scw6 said:
Why don't we use a different method of space travel instead of using the old methods.

Probably because nobody has invented and demonstrated a "better method". :) Some methods are newer than others however and there isn't just a single type of engine used in space.

This will be a step up for mankind with astrophysics. I figure, why not use the dark energy in space for traveling, there is a difference between dark energy and dark matter, dark energy causes the dark matter in space to inevitably expand, the dark energy is composed of electromagnetic and micro waves that form a kinetic energy meaning constant energy. I'm sure we can figure out a way to use that dark energy as a form of power for example, how we take the suns solar energy and use it as a form of energy and power.

Well, let's see it fly and we'll talk. :) FYI, there are EM propulsion systems now used in space, most notably an ion trust type engine. It doesn't produce enough lift to get it off the ground, but it produces a little force over a long period of time and it is more efficient than a chemical rocket engine.

Welcome to the board by the way.

M

MeteorWayne

Welcome to SDC and welcome to the Unexplained, which is where this thread is headed. Your concepts of dark energy and dark matter are not space science, so that's where this discusion will be moved.

O

origin

Goodness, we have got some serious misconceptions here.

H20_02_C02":3jmlmx6j said:
I figure, why not use the dark energy in space for traveling,

One of the main reasons we are not using dark energy for space travel is that no one knows exactly what dark energy is. All that is known is that the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate and since that acceleration would take some form of energy, we have dubbed that unknown energy as dark energy.

there is a difference between dark energy and dark matter, dark energy causes the dark matter in space to inevitably expand,

Dark energy has nothing to do with dark matter. Again, dark energy is the theorized cause of the accelerating expansion of the universe.

the dark energy is composed of electromagnetic and micro waves that form a kinetic energy meaning constant energy.

Sorry, but this doesn't mean anything. How is it that electromagnetic and micro waves (by the way micro waves ARE electromagnetic waves) form kinetic energy, and why is this constant energy.

I'm sure we can figure out a way to use that dark energy as a form of power for example, how we take the suns solar energy and use it as a form of energy and power.
[/quote]

I suppose it may be possible to use dark energy, once we figure out what it is.

In general it is better to ask questions when you don't understand something than to come in and state misconceptions or guesses as facts.

edited for format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts