Best Telescopes for the Money - 2019 Reviews and Guide

May 25, 2021
Visit site
Where is the affordable all digital telescope? No eyepiece just the best digital digital sensor and a smart phone app to point the scope and record whatever objects you want. Weather proof so you can leave it out overnight. It stays up while you sleep. Long duration deep sky photos. Short duration planetary shots. AI upscaling. Real time astronomy. Automated comet hunting. It's 2021. Stop producing telescopes from the 1700s.

Aug 7, 2021
Visit site
Where is the affordable all digital telescope? No eyepiece just the best digital digital sensor and a smart phone app to point the scope and record whatever objects you want. Weather proof so you can leave it out overnight. It stays up while you sleep. Long duration deep sky photos. Short duration planetary shots. AI upscaling. Real time astronomy. Automated comet hunting. It's 2021. Stop producing telescopes from the 1700s.
I have viewed lots of telescopes including just about all the ones listed in the article. All have pros and cons. From 4" to 10" to 16" to 32" to even 70" mirrors. Refractors. Reflectors. Schmidt or M. I personally like the ease of a dob with a telrad finder. 8" to 12" mirror. At Bryce Canyon this year I saw my first all digital telescope. It was fun but I was not impressed with the clarity. Yes if you let it sit for quite a while M13 might look ok. I am fine with a digital camera, but if I want to look at the dumbell nebula or the ring nebula or the blinking nebula or galaxies such as the sombrero galaxy or double stars or open or closed clusters, I am not picking an all digital. I want something clear and sharp that I don't have to wait all night for it to gather enough pixels to see. I want to see it with my own eyes. No, the all digital need a lot of work for me to be interested.

Nov 23, 2021
Visit site
Please, please tell me that the first scope I saw on your Best Telescopes of 2021 wasn't the Powerseeker 127! That has to be the most reviled telescope on the market today, and for very good reasons. Bad optics, the hated Bird-Jones design, flimsy mount and tripod, difficult to use manual EQ mount. In the FB scope groups if you mention it, you get yelled at. At long last, have you no sense of decency?

Aug 26, 2020
Visit site
Please, please tell me that the first scope I saw on your Best Telescopes of 2021 wasn't the Powerseeker 127! That has to be the most reviled telescope on the market today, and for very good reasons. Bad optics, the hated Bird-Jones design, flimsy mount and tripod, difficult to use manual EQ mount. In the FB scope groups if you mention it, you get yelled at. At long last, have you no sense of decency?
There is a subreddit dedicated to PowerSeeker hate: r/dontbuyapowerseeker
Had a very similar scope as a second scope, put me off the hobby for years.

Latest posts