Black hole emmisions X-ray and Other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mordred

Ok we all know that blackholes feed on nearby materials however this feeding is not 100%. The excess is emmitted in the form of Xrays if I'm not mistaken. I've seen images on the space site that shows this reaching other galaxies. What I'm wondering is what other forms of energy or materials can get spewed out. In particular could this not be a good location to research dark matter as their is a strong radiation source handy and if I'm not mistaken dark matter was mapped using x-ray levels.
A side note I often wonder what the turbulence such a region would have on any other materials caught in its path.

M

Mee_n_Mac

Mordred":357qla2c said:
Ok we all know that blackholes feed on nearby materials however this feeding is not 100%. The excess is emmitted in the form of Xrays if I'm not mistaken. I've seen images on the space site that shows this reaching other galaxies. What I'm wondering is what other forms of energy or materials can get spewed out. In particular could this not be a good location to research dark matter as their is a strong radiation source handy and if I'm not mistaken dark matter was mapped using x-ray levels.
A side note I often wonder what the turbulence such a region would have on any other materials caught in its path.

You understand that the X-rays (and other "stuff") doesn't come from within the BH itself ? Matter in a decaying orbit collides with itself generating these emisssions as well as jets of material. But this all happens on our side of the event horizon. For more on what else gets spewed out ...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 142635.htm

M

Mordred

yeah I understood that nothing escapes the inside of the event horizon itself. Thank you for the article itself The discovery that the jets are much further out than originally thought from the articles publication date is very recent I had not seen this one before.
I particularly like the disturbance model it shows in the image. It would be interesting to apply the fluidic behaviors of a whirlpool say for example to understand the effects on the inside of the vortex. The pressure differentials between the inner vortex to the vortex stream must be immense in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts