Black Holes can't stop time

Jun 25, 2020
Visit site
People Say that black holes can stop time, but don't they degrade by time.
Because of Hawking radiation, in every passing moment, they slowly lose energy and disappear.

How can something that is not immune to effects of time, can be powerful enough to stop it.

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
People Say that black holes can stop time, but don't they degrade by time.
Because of Hawking radiation, in every passing moment, they slowly lose energy and disappear.

How can something that is not immune to effects of time, can be powerful enough to stop it.
You are not getting the point. For an observer-not-at-motion-towards-the-blackhole who observes the particles entering the Event Horizon, the particles simply stand still at the Event Horizon and never enter the Event Horizon. But, for the black hole, time passes and it degenerates at one point in time, though that might take a really long time, even in terms of the universe. :)

IMO the basic idea of black hole physics is flawed.
Current black hole theory leads us down a path of infinite mass/energy and that isn't shown anywhere in the universe to be true.
Time if it even exists IMO is just the measure of distance (takes energy to go from point A to B and when you shrink A and B's empty space then the concept of time is also shrunk.

A black hole is simply a compression of area/time/activity.
It doesn't shrink forever because with compression of area so is time/activity compressed.
No sigularity, no infinite mass point, no physics mystery, just a area/activity/time well.

IG2007

IMO the basic idea of black hole physics is flawed.
Current black hole theory leads us down a path of infinite mass/energy and that isn't shown anywhere in the universe to be true.
Time if it even exists IMO is just the measure of distance (takes energy to go from point A to B and when you shrink A and B's empty space then the concept of time is also shrunk.

A black hole is simply a compression of area/time/activity.
It doesn't shrink forever because with compression of area so is time/activity compressed.
No sigularity, no infinite mass point, no physics mystery, just a area/activity/time well.
Wow, so you are meaning to say that a freaking theory that literally puts infinite energy everywhere in the universe has made it way to Mainstream and is the area of study of so many astrophysicists across the world? And the LEGO has been a complete lie?

Reactions: Catastrophe
Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
Wow, so you are meaning to say that a freaking theory that literally puts infinite energy everywhere in the universe has made it way to Mainstream and is the area of study of so many astrophysicists across the world? And the LEGO has been a complete lie?
I think you must mean “LIGO”. (Legos are definitely real. My son used to build stuff with them. ).

Last edited:
Only for black holes, infinite energy/mass point is what current black hole theory takes you to.
A theory that has no evidence is probably wrong or missing a basic physics law.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Black Holes can't stop time

Are you referring to time apparently stopping at the event horizon?
This is only "in the eye of the (external) beholder".
According to the theory (who knows?) time continues inside the black hole
BUT . . . . . . . . . this is all conjecture.

See post #2 by IG2007.

Cat :)

There is an interesting progression of images of M87 right up to the event horizon in an article "Magnetic fields force back gas from M87's black hole" in
Astronomy Now, May 2021 pp 18-19.

There is also "A new view of Messier 87's supermassive black hole" in
All About Space, Issue 116, (May 2021) page 9.

Last edited:
Reactions: IG2007
Jun 23, 2020
Visit site
And oh, by the way, my opinion is (and apparently this is now being abbreviated as “IMO”.... so IMO...in my opinion) ...is that gravity is merely nothing more than a measure of acceleration. Gravity is not really a “force” by itself. And eventually, physicists will come to that agreement. Just sayin’. And I do not believe that anyone will ever find a particle called a “graviton”. As I said...IMO.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
And oh, by the way, my opinion is (and apparently this is now being abbreviated as “IMO”.... so IMO...in my opinion) ...is that gravity is merely nothing more than a measure of acceleration. Gravity is not really a “force” by itself. And eventually, physicists will come to that agreement. Just sayin’. And I do not believe that anyone will ever find a particle called a “graviton”. As I said...IMO.

IMHO In my honest opinion ;) . . . . . . . . . Gravity is a force (Newtonian)
Force = mass x acceleration. (Newtonian). No gravitons here. You may be correct.

Cat :)

Gravity could simply be a negative effect on the universe and doesn't travel at all but communicates it's existence in the no time/space part of space , leaves a C speed wake on normal space since normal space can only transmit information at C.
Or Gravity travels between quanta and can travel at instant speed since it travels in a location of space that has no time or space, also leaves a C speed wake on normal space.

I think the void space is the answer to the riddle of gravity.
Both options have gravity transmit information through an area of no time/space so orbiting our sun at it's true location and having C speed wakes are possible.

I don't think the universe is made of legos though :)
Then again if the Simpsons can have a lego episode then Maybe.
I'm the king of typos so i have no room to make fun.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021
Visit site
You are not getting the point. For an observer-not-at-motion-towards-the-blackhole who observes the particles entering the Event Horizon, the particles simply stand still at the Event Horizon and never enter the Event Horizon. But, for the black hole, time passes and it degenerates at one point in time, though that might take a really long time, even in terms of the universe. :)
this is how we explain all matter is an illusion . As black holes tend to swallow up all the trillions of galaxies there will be nothing left but a black hole completely void of matter. So I keep telling you matter does not exist

Mar 25, 2021
Visit site
About the great black hole that swallows up the smaller ones . so then there will be just one black hole . so what happens then . ? There will be such enormous compression at that point that the invisible void just explodes as it can't take any more and the whole of life starts all over again in simple harmonic fashion

IG2007

So I keep telling you matter does not exist
So, I don't exist anywhere and thus, I exist everywhere, and thus I am omnipresent? ;) :D

As black holes tend to swallow up all the trillions of galaxies there will be nothing left but a black hole completely void of matter.
How is that even logical? If a blackhole swallows up everything, then how can it be devoid of everything?

Reactions: Catastrophe
About the great black hole that swallows up the smaller ones . so then there will be just one black hole . so what happens then . ? There will be such enormous compression at that point that the invisible void just explodes as it can't take any more and the whole of life starts all over again in simple harmonic fashion
Well we need a mechanism to get everything back into black hole universe state.
Right now that theory looks suspect to get everything back to one place with mutual gravity so if we don't have an external stopping force or reflection of expansion it looks more like our BB universe will just expand forever.

Me thinks since our BB universe exists so does a reason for it and mechanism to return it or at least consume parts of our BB universe into the start of another.
Or we simply run into other BB neighbors that halts our expansion then self mutual gravity takes over and we do return to Black hole universe waiting for a pushy neighbor to start ours.

As for matter it does exist but really should be thought of as simply energy in one format.
The trivial amount of stuff Vs the gigantic amount of nothing that makes up everything makes you wonder if things do continue to get smaller than we detect then our universe is nearly all nothing.
Even now with detection of the smallest things it's almost made of nothing now.

Latest posts