Can anyone help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Imaybemad

Hi , i am starting tho think i am going mad !

Please forgive any lack of board etiquette as i am a newbie.

Here goes ! A few nights ago , after linking through various sites , i ended up reading an article about a spacecraft launching a device that may/may not prove the "flatness" of the universe.
Can anyone tell me the name of the device or spacecraft that launched it ?

IIRC it was launched in April 2009 !

Thats about all the information i have at the moment but i'm hoping it was a well covered event !

Also , can any point me in the direction of the results from this?

Sorry its not much to go on guys.
I have googled every word i can think off reagrding this but i can't locate it again.

Kind Regards

I

Imaybemad

Cheers for the reply mate but i don't think that was it.

I know i've not gave you much to go on . Sorry

Its really driving me nut as i was discussing it with a workmate who insists space is curved.
I brought up the article i was talking about but he wont believe me unless he sees it. Grrrr

I know Space "might" be curved but this thing was going to try to find out for sure.

Something to do with Topology maybe ?

Please excuse my ignorance. I am only a service engineer :lol:

Hi Imaybemad. Welcome to SDC.

I think Swampcat is correct. I too am sure it is Planck. Check out the link that Swampcat gave you. Planck will be able to measure redshift, so redshifted that the objects concerned are Infrared shifted. These observations will help answer the curved or flat space models.

Andrew Brown.

M

MeteorWayne

There is also a discussion here in Missions and Launches about Planck where there are more links.

E

earth_bound_misfit

Maybe Herschel? That was launched from the same spacecraft as Planck. I'm not sure, just throwing it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts