Can't post on some threads.

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mee_n_Mac

abq_farside":31ks9nkn said:
I just noticed this happening on a number of threads in the Political forum. Very frustrating to submit a post only to have it vaporize. Guess I better get into the habbit of Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V

BTW - Number of submit tries on this thread: 4 (and counting)

That's my solution ATM ... copy everything and have it ready to paste if the post gets nullified.

D

doublehelix

The devs and IT team definitely are aware of the problem, and I also keep bringing it up. Their plates are pretty full with some issues with the other sites, so they will get to it as soon as humanly possible. I apologize for the continuing frustration, but we are committed to finding a solution. It just might take a little longer than originally thought. Thanks for your patience.

-dh

D

docm

A slightly successful workaround posted earlier, but worth repeating;

select/all then copy your post to the clipboard

before submitting preview it 2-3 times

submit

helps about one quarter of the time.

E

EarthlingX

Doesn't 'back' button work for you folks ? I never copy anything to the clipboard, and have not lost a single letter, but some time .. ?

S

Smersh

EarthlingX":2blwz455 said:
Doesn't 'back' button work for you folks ? I never copy anything to the clipboard, and have not lost a single letter, but some time .. ?

Yes, as I mentioned earlier I've been using the back button and trying again myself. Waiting a few seconds before hitting "submit" often seems to work. I'm using the Opera browser but maybe that won't work in all browsers and it's neccessary to copy the post to the clipboard beforehand to save having to type it again.

M

MasterComposter

I had it happen three times in a row while trying to post to the "Gribbles and Biofuels" thread:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23227

My post that I was attempting was, "I predict Trouble with Gribbles."

I figured the forum was just programmed to reject bad Trek reference jokes...

E

EarthlingX

I suspect it is traffic related. I have worst problems through, what i think to be, peak hours (10 - 14h EST ) in USA, though it's sometimes troublesome through mornings in EU too.
It may not be directly related to SDC undercarriage, even though that could use some beefing up too, but to external sites, for all sorts of imagery, scripts and such. Those time-outs could affect query processing on SDC forum Mysql/PhpBB.

This is of course a speculation, and i don't envy folx working on the solution, it's probably messy .. I hate bugs that come and go, with no obvious cause, most annoying and time consuming.

edit.
I had to edit this post, it was successful on the first try .. :)

E

EarthlingX

I would just like to report, i had no problems with posting today, not even with article comments, which is absolutely out of the ordinary and very much welcome. I just hope it's not just a fluke or a temporary weirdness ..

This post submit count : 1

M

MeteorWayne

Just a quick update for folks. It appears the root cause has been found and a temporary fix has been implemented until a final solution can be configured. If anyone still has the problem, drop a note here...also might be good to know that some are not having the probelm as well. So far, I haven't had it occur today.

There, that should jinx it :)

S

Smersh

I've made two or three posts today and haven't experienced it (so far) either. (Jinx #2 ;) )

So thanks to DH and the tech guys for doing their best to get the problem sorted.

D

doublehelix

So far, I have had no problems posting today - how is it going for the rest of you?

Our dev/IT team is going to spend more time on this today to wrap up the issue. We'll keep you updated on any notable progress.

In the meantime, I'd LOVE to hear of your experiences, good and bad, with the posting ROACH.

-dh

E

EarthlingX

It's as fast as lightning.

Click - done.

Oh, yea :cool:

There was a bit of a problem between 11:00 - 16:00 GMT today, it's solved.

First problem i encounter, you will know about it.

Whoaaa... whoooosh ...... :p :cool: No speed limit, yea !

edit. had to emphasize it .. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.