Question clam shell on mars or pareidolia?

Aug 15, 2024
Visit site
It's not a good image, having been enlarged; from what I see it has some shell-like features, wavy edge to the left, and parallel lines running front to back, however, I don't see enough consistency in the surfaces, and it looks like it is a solid material, not thin and fragile like a typical Terran shell; it looks too robust to be a petrified shell, and the base doesn't appear to match. I recall the first impressions of the Face on Mars, and the subsequent second photo taken at a different time, so that the shadows revealed the pareidolia mistakes viewed in the first. A second photo from another angle would be helpful; maybe you can snap one on a visit. ;)

Reactions: dimap and Joexo

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It's not a good image, having been enlarged; from what I see it has some shell-like features, wavy edge to the left, and parallel lines running front to back, however, I don't see enough consistency in the surfaces, and it looks like it is a solid material, not thin and fragile like a typical Terran shell; it looks too robust to be a petrified shell, and the base doesn't appear to match. I recall the first impressions of the Face on Mars, and the subsequent second photo taken at a different time, so that the shadows revealed the pareidolia mistakes viewed in the first. A second photo from another angle would be helpful; maybe you can snap one on a visit. ;)
Not eye, said the blind man.

Send a Rover for a close-up, but do so knowing it a was of time and resources.

Latest posts