cold fusion here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yevaud

Excellent!<br /><br />Damn, where's Dmjspace? This is the kind of thing he and I screamed at each other about. And in this particular case, I would be in complete agreement with him... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

D

dream_on

True, but it probably raises by several orders of magnitude the odds of <br />such a fusion-derived solution. This is huge for precisely the same reason that SpaceshipOne one and SpaceX are huge-instead of betting fit all on one multi-billion research project, suddenly there's now the possibillity of dozens of concurrent project, each looking into a different approach. In the blink of an eye, energy from <br />fusion has gone from a long shot even if it were possible to being something that allmost certainly will come to pass unless it IS impossible.<br /><br /> Incidently, I read in Free Energy News that in an interview with one of the researchers involved in the 'bubble fusion' experiments, he stated that several independent teams had now confirmed their results and were preparing papers for publication.<br /><br /> The university experiment is major...<br /><br /><br /><br /> Joel<br /><br />

Y

yevaud

This isn't "Cold Fusion" at all, of course, so the thread's misnamed. In reality, what they've found - if true - is an entirely new way to initiate the Fusion process.<br /><br />I'd suspect, in the long run, this would be folded into the already ongoing "hot" Fusion experiments. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Y

yevaud

Oh sure, Muon-catalyzed fusion.<br /><br />You are of course correct about the potential for this new discovery (if true!). I suspect that it may (MAY) be useful someday, in initiating microfusion for a variety of things (the nature of which I couldn't even begin to guess at).<br /><br />Despite what old Dmjspace said about me (hey, where has he been, I wonder?), I *do* keep up on these things. There's a group at MIT that specifically addresses and investigates the chaotic nature of highly energetic plasmas...they may well be the answer to break-even, down the road aways. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

S

space_tycoon

I remember reading about muon-catalyzed fusion in Arthur Clarke's book "Songs of Distant Earth," quite a long time ago. Say about 15 years or so. He seemed to think it would be the next big thing in terms of energy. Maybe he was right. <br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts