Corum

Status
Not open for further replies.

3DBO

<p>Any Moorcock fans out there (easy now)? Elric movies would be cool, it's the logical next step after LOTR and Narnia. Unless Moorcock is so whacked out he wouldn't want to make movies out of his precious stories. I'm not a fan of his dumb rantings; baggin on The Master (JRR), but I liked those stories when I was a kid. Corum and Hawkmoon movies would be cool too. Any thoughts? For a real mind bender they could do&nbsp;the&nbsp;Cornelius chronicles.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

An Elric would be an outstanding treat.&nbsp; But, I don't know how well the general public would like Elric's character.&nbsp; He's a bit.. eccentric.&nbsp; He kills everything, whines about it sometimes, carries a sword that consumes souls and would really love to take a sip of his, is a sickly drug addicted albino prince of a dead and decadent empire yet manages to kill gods now and then and pays homage to a Chaoslord Duke of Hell.&nbsp; Not exactly a "regular Joe" kinda guy. :) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

3DBO

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>An Elric would be an outstanding treat.&nbsp; But, I don't know how well the general public would like Elric's character.&nbsp; He's a bit.. eccentric.&nbsp; He kills everything, whines about it sometimes, carries a sword that consumes souls and would really love to take a sip of his, is a sickly drug addicted albino prince of a dead and decadent empire yet manages to kill gods now and then and pays homage to a Chaoslord Duke of Hell.&nbsp; Not exactly a "regular Joe" kinda guy. :) <br />Posted by a_lost_packet_</DIV><br /><br />Actually, if you put it that way I think it's obvious it would have to be directed by Tim Burton and Elric would have to be played by Johnny Depp. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Actually, if you put it that way I think it's obvious it would have to be directed by Tim Burton and Elric would have to be played by Johnny Depp. Posted by 3DBO</DIV></p><p>That might work. :) </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

J

jmilsom

I have the complete works of Moorcock and have read all that + many short stories. Corum was one of my least favourite works of his. I read that after many of&nbsp;his others and found it sort of untidy and poorly realised. I would have to say an Elric movie would be cool --- or the Dancers at the End of Time --- with today's special effects they culd almost do it justice now. However, there is one&nbsp;novella&nbsp;of his that I think would make an excellent movie: The Black Corridor. With talented actors and screenplay, this would make an award winning thriller. I have even discussed this with my brother and sister in law who are both in the film industry.<br />&nbsp; <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts