Cosmological Constant: A theroy by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

votefornimitz

Ok, the cosmological constant, the repulsive for of the universe, is very mysteriuos, but i have a most-likely completely wrong theroy that i thought up. Couldn't this "dark energy" be the equal and oppisite reaction of gravity promised by newtons third law of motion? Please some one disprove this before i actualy think its right. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

D

dragon04

That would be contrary to the accelerating expansion of the universe as the effects of gravity decrease over distance. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>"2012.. Year of the Dragon!! Get on the Dragon Wagon!".</em> </div>

K

kmarinas86

If dark energy is gravitationally repulsive, it must then by it's very nature be the opposite of a gravitional lens. And if there is so much of it out in the universe, then what we are really seeing is an illusion, a "zoom out" view where the actual stars and galaxies are really closer than we think. This might explain why so many solar systems have chaotic planet orbits.

5stone10

Gravity is a 'weak' force.<br /><br />So that would rule out the 'equal' portion of your theory.

V

votefornimitz

yes, but doesn't the CC effect decrease over a distance also. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

K

kmarinas86

Actually I think the CC is constant and thus cannot change. Otherwise, we would be talking about a different form of gravitational replusion dubbed quintessence, which is a form of dark energy, which decreases over a distance. Vacuum energy is known to decrease as distances from stars and galaxies increase.<br /><br />http://www.google.com/search?q="cosmological+constant"+"quintessence"<br /><br />It appears that mass not only curves space (i.e. compresses) around it, but it also streches the space far away from it. The decrease in gravitational force is proportional to the increase the so called "dark energy" which is probably just the lack of vacuum energy and existence of space that is stretched and twisted.

V

votefornimitz

Thank You Kmar, i see you are not as misguided as i thought. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="color:#993366">In the event of a full scale nuclear war or NEO impact event, there are two categories of underground shelters available to the public, distinguished by depth underground: bunkers and graves...</span> </div>

R

R1

well kmarina you got some real interesting points.<br />the universe we see is definitely as seen through the dark energy medium.<br /><br />as for someones post above stating that gravity is a weak force and wouldnt qualify as an equal opposite to repulsive dark energy, I can't understand that yet, <br />I still think dark energy could be the equal opposite, just include<br /> the 'weakness' characteristic when you chose to observe oppositeness, in other words equal because it deals with attraction and repulsion, and opposite<br />in that one is weak and the other is anti-weak ?if you disagree then what if gravity is a weak force but dark energy is even weaker but unlike gravity it compounds over great distances the more the gravity is diluted?or what if gravity affects matter, but dark energy as an opposite pole of the froce affects empty space?in other words<br />empty space near one end of 'the force' has no effect, but on the opposite pole<br />you have the opposite effect that you notice when matter is near that pole. Near 'pole A' matter is atrractive at close distances, and near 'pole B' space is repulsive/expansive at large distances. Try to think of this more <br />as the dark force. <br /><br /><br />suppose you had a real big unbreakable bed sheet , and then you dropped<br />some black hole marbles on it at great distances apart. the super heavy marbles would then start<br />sinking, stretching the sheet at essentially every point on that sheet, although<br />in different directions, towards a marble the closer you get to one, but almost <br />perpendicular to a marble's gravity well at places far away from a marble where<br />it appears to us as some mystery repulsive areas where the sheet is actually expanding and not coincidentally at places away from the marble gravity wells?<br /><br />???<br /><br />is this basically what is being discussed and is that basically what dark energy <br />is? and why distant things repel each other with anti gravity ? and why space expa <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

K

kmarinas86

Actually, we can say that net change in energy is zero.<br /><br />The amount of energy contained in a volume is positive and variable. For the universe as a whole, the net change in energy is zero. If our observable universe is undergoing a net change in energy, that implies that we do not know the whole universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.