There's no such thing as the center of the universe, it's perplexing, but actually everything is the center. Just imagine a dot on the surface of the balloon, as the balloon expands, so does the dot, but there is no center on the surface of the balloon. Now try to extrapolate that in terms of space and the universe in 3D.

Furthermore current expansion more to do with dark energy than the big bang.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
i am only a simple man, but have been around a bit, and seen the good and bad, this world can offer, seen birth and death in various guises, have no faith in a supreme figure benevelent or not,but the concept of everything moving away from everything else seems to me to be silly, the so called big bang is decided by contracting said space galaxys, so to my mind there had to of been a starting point somewhere sometime ie the bang...

FYI, expansion of 3D space is an interpretation of redshifts based upon the principle of equivalence, this includes Type 1a SN spectrums used to claim accelerated expansion. This is known as the cosmological redshift interpretation. In heliocentric solar system astronomy, the solar parallax determined the distance between the Earth and the Sun, i.e. the astronomical unit. This measurement has experimental verification, including recent measurements made, An Experiment in Solar Parallaxes

What experimental verification demonstrates that 3D space is expanding?

i am only a simple man, but have been around a bit, and seen the good and bad, this world can offer, seen birth and death in various guises, have no faith in a supreme figure benevelent or not,but the concept of everything moving away from everything else seems to me to be silly, the so called big bang is decided by contracting said space galaxys, so to my mind there had to of been a starting point somewhere sometime ie the bang...

There was no starting point because the big bang itself created spacetime, you're thinking of it as if space already exists before the big bang.

Also not everything is moving away, just mostly everything. The stars within galaxies are not moving away, and some galaxy clusters will stay together... any case where the gravitational forces are stronger than the dark energy forces, the matter will stay together.

For example the Andromeda and Milky Way galaxies will collide and merge forever, in some billion years.

FYI. Hawkstein answers do not show experimental verification that 3D space is actually expanding, e.g. lab measurements on earth or in the solar system. The solar parallax measurement has experimental verification to define the astronomical unit. I point this out because some (many) areas in science are *assumed true* - not experimentally shown to be true, like the solar parallax.

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
There was no starting point because the big bang itself created spacetime, you're thinking of it as if space already exists before the big bang.

Also not everything is moving away, just mostly everything. The stars within galaxies are not moving away, and some galaxy clusters will stay together... any case where the gravitational forces are stronger than the dark energy forces, the matter will stay together.

For example the Andromeda and Milky Way galaxies will collide and merge forever, in some billion years.
as i said, i am a simple man, maybe when my time here ends, i may find out, here s hoping...