curvature of space

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jahusz

<p>I'm involved in this puzzle for more then 10 years.</p><p>Maybe I can start from the femous picture popular in the phisics books when someone try to explain mechanizm of gravity by putting the person in accelerating lift.</p><p>No gravitons are involved and simulation&nbsp; is created.</p><p>So how the corelation with expanding space&nbsp; and curvature of the space is explained?</p>

A

arkady

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I'm involved in this puzzle for more then 10 years.Maybe I can start from the femous picture popular in the phisics books when someone try to explain mechanizm of gravity by putting the person in accelerating lift.No gravitons are involved and simulation&nbsp; is created.So how the corelation with expanding space&nbsp; and curvature of the space is explained? <br /> Posted by jahusz</DIV></p><p>Get to work on general relativity! I can't begin to explain, as I'm not really able to grasp most of the concepts involved myself. </p><p>But how else would a massive body be able to bend a mass-less beam of light, if it wasn't for the fact that gravity is thought to warp space itself?</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> "<font color="#0000ff"><em>The choice is the Universe, or nothing</em> ... </font>" - H.G Wells </div>

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I'm involved in this puzzle for more then 10 years.Maybe I can start from the femous picture popular in the phisics books when someone try to explain mechanizm of gravity by putting the person in accelerating lift.No gravitons are involved and simulation&nbsp; is created.So how the corelation with expanding space&nbsp; and curvature of the space is explained? <br />Posted by jahusz</DIV></p><p>A standard modern text on general relativity is <em>Gravitation</em> by Charles Misner, Kip Thorne and John Archibald Wheeler.&nbsp; <br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts