Dah! Not in my backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

para3

So, NASA plans to set up a spaceport at the Columbus Indiana airport, so missiles can be launched? Not exactly in my backyard, but if it's in the state of Indiana at all it's too close. :evil:

I'm not anti NASA, just anti missile launch facilty in my state. But, I may warm up to the idea if jobs associated with this spaceport come to my town putting people to work.

OK, now let me have it!

M

MeteorWayne

Not related to a mission or a Launch; moved to Space Business and Technology

S

Swampcat

para3":3s53dtpr said:
So, NASA plans to set up a spaceport at the Columbus Indiana airport, so missiles can be launched? Not exactly in my backyard, but if it's in the state of Indiana at all it's too close. :evil:

I'm not anti NASA, just anti missile launch facilty in my state. But, I may warm up to the idea if jobs associated with this spaceport come to my town putting people to work.

OK, now let me have it!

Para3, from my research, I find no reference to NASA setting up a spaceport in Indiana. Could you provide a link supporting this?

As I understand it, Spaceport Indiana was established and is supported by the State of Indiana, though some stimulus money was recently authorized to provide funds for infrastructure there.

I must admit I don't understand your attitude. What exactly are your objections?

M

menellom

If Indiana doesn't want a spaceport Iowa will gladly take it.

M

mr_mark

This clearly has nothing to do with NASA. Most US citizens are way behind the curve. They think that everything that has to do with space flight is NASA. Not so, this spaceport is a state spaceport and is for private space companies such as virgin galactic not NASA. Eventually people will understand, it's early yet. I'm not sure that they will be launching missiles anyway. Sounds to me to be more of a spaceport america style operation with suborbital space planes for space tourism and point to point operations. Sometimes, I feel like a positive visionary in a see of doubt and despair.

B

bdewoody

The latest I've heard is that the former Naval Air Station in Jacksonville, Fl. known as Cecil Field has been approved as a potential space port.

Status
Not open for further replies.