Direct Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gunsandrockets

You might want to look at the old thread in Missions & Launches that discussed the 'directlauncher' concept in great detail.

B

barrykirk

Yes, the directlaunch concept is getting a huge amount of interest in the NASAspaceflight forum, but it is almost<br />completely ignored on this forum.<br /><br />I wonder why?

P

publiusr

A lot of people are still hung up on Space Elevators, SSTOs and other fantasies.

J

j05h

<i>> A lot of people are still hung up on Space Elevators, SSTOs and other fantasies.</i><br /><br />And the rest of us are trying to make money in space. DIRECT and other NASA-ish launchers are interesting, but only in a technical sense. They aren't interested in letting anyone else play with their toys. <br /><br />Instead of trying to build a heavy lift vehicle and then fit a payload to it, why not ask yourself something different? How can you fly some kind of space mission using available vehicles and profit from it? Space Adventures is a good current example of this approach.<br /><br />Josh <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div align="center"><em>We need a first generation of pioneers.</em><br /></div> </div>

N

nexium

I resent you calling space elevators fantasy. I admit that CNT does not seem to be up to the task, but if I was about to market something 100 times better than steel, I might wait until I could deliver low cost engineering samples to announce my success.<br />Bolos which are close relatives to space elevators are feasable now, except designing suitable interface vehicles will be very costly.<br />The name Direct Launch is part of the lack of interest. What is indirect launch like? Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.