Question Does anyone think we SpaceX (Elon Musk) can land the first people on mars by 2024?

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.

Will it land?

• Yes

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • It'll maybe land, i dont know.

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters
Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
The feasible, options would be to wait, first and foremost we should establish a outpost on the moon first. The probable, outcome is no?
The ability to get there, sustainable, or survive there
and finding adaquite shelters. Let alone, the need
For food, water recycling, and other things.
The biggest,would be the proper launch, window
for alignment to the planet, and radiation (cosmic)
And or Meteor showered spacecraft.
By establishment on the moon, we could have a stepping stone,to establish abilities, and protocol
for Mars, what works and not works, weed out the bugs, so to speak? Anyway, I'm no rocket scientist
But my thoughts!!!

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
"With this technology can be humans on Mars by the 2024 year." My emphasis.

IF we "develop antigravity propulsion . . . by then. Is that what you mean?
How long will the journey take?

When you state "humans on Mars", have you taken into account all effects, including physiological and practical, of acceleration and deceleration? My emphasis.

Cat :)

Last edited:

iconoclast

BANNED
Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
The SpaceX Team wants the first humans to land by 2024. That's only 3 years of tech further! We could do it if we start right now maybe. I am not that tech legend that knows when you do things and not.

SpaceX Website is where you find info. As i said in the title, SpaceX is owned by Elon Musk, the owner of Tesla.

Do you think it'll arrive as they think it's going?

Humans on Mars in 2024? The FAA says no for 2024. Reality says no living humans arrive anytime.

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
Humans on Mars in 2024? The FAA says no for 2024. Reality says no living humans arrive anytime.
While it is extremely unlikely that SpaceX will be able to land humans on Mars by 2024, it seems to me that, barring a major societal degradation/collapse, it is inevitable that humans will one day reach mars. We've already sent SUV-sized robots there!

iconoclast

BANNED
Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
The SpaceX Team wants the first humans to land by 2024. That's only 3 years of tech further! We could do it if we start right now maybe. I am not that tech legend that knows when you do things and not.

SpaceX Website is where you find info. As i said in the title, SpaceX is owned by Elon Musk, the owner of Tesla.

Do you think it'll arrive as they think it's going?

The closest elon will get to his dream will be landing a handful of dead bodies in about 2030 or so. Perhaps some soon-to-dead chumps if he is really lucky.

Reactions: Dratonia

Catastrophe

"How quickly will antigravity propulsion, will depend on funding."

As well, of course, assuming that it is not some utterly impossible, science fiction scenario.
NASA just made some comment about 2024 being totally out of the question (by any means).

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
It is not a sci-fi project like Tokamak (ITER), this technology is verified, and similar to use for traveling at lightspeed by every advanced civilization in the galaxy. Without funding take about 5 years for proof of concept, with $20million can have in 5years can have serial production.
While I'm not saying it's impossible, I would heavily doubt those numbers, as they don't really have any progress on the technology so far, and it is entirely speculative.

Catastrophe

johnz, you state:

"this technology is verified, and similar to use for traveling at lightspeed by every advanced civilization in the galaxy." My emphasis.

Please quote references to show the veracity of your statement. In particular, in what language these aliens communicate. Do they all speak English?

May 15, 2022
Visit site
i dont think so,because the technology of the spaceship is not matured at all.We 're still pretty far from Mars.The current understanding of Mars is incomplete and there is still much more to explore.There are many unknown things waiting to be discovered on Mars.

Catastrophe

There once may have been life on Mars. Maybe only microbiological. Probably not more advanced. Mars had its 'opportunity' of developing life much earlier than Earth. We do not yet know the result. It still leaves the possibility of extra terrestrial life the greatest open question for science at present.

DMH

May 18, 2022
Visit site
If Musk sends people to the Moon in one of his designs and that design fails, Elon Musk will be ruined for life.

Better let NASA deal with the important Moon landings.

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
If Musk sends people to the Moon in one of his designs and that design fails, Elon Musk will be ruined for life.

Better let NASA deal with the important Moon landings.
While I dislike Elon for many reasons, one of the big things I do appreciate about him is that he is the current big driving force behind space exploration, and I think it is important he continues to do that for the time being.

Catastrophe

Does anyone think we SpaceX (Elon Musk) can land the first people on mars by 2024?

This was the question.

Bearing in mind it takes 4 years to get a probe in orbit around an asteroid (16 Psyche), I think 2 years to get people on Mars is optimistic (as in totally and utterly impossible).

Catastrophe

Does anyone think we SpaceX (Elon Musk) can land the first people on mars by 2024?

OP was last seen on 14th May 2021, so I don't know whether, by land, he meant "set foot on", or land in the sense of establish (on a small scale) as in to land a fish? (The landed gentry are established, not just arrived) Since he stipulates Elon Musk, we should take his age (?) into account. The interpretation does affect the answer.

P.S. Elon Musk is 50 (DOB 28 June 1971), so I suppose 2040 is around the maximum I should suggest. If not by then, I guess he might have tired of it.

Latest posts