Earth is on track for devastating climate change if we don't act. These 5 weather disasters show what's to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twr

Oct 23, 2019
Visit site
These weather disasters provide a glimpse of lies ahead for planet Earth if humankind fails to stop climate change progress.

Earth is on track for devastating climate change if we don't act. These 5 weather disasters show what's to come. : Read more
We have a saying in Germany. Literally: When the donkey is feeling too well, he goes onto the ice
Do you want to be that donkey? Oh, just some more facts from the Green Paradise Germany: the beloved Greens want to prohibit wood oven. And Gas obens. We have to install heat pumps which need electricity. But they are going to switch off all nuclear power plants, Gas power plants, coal power plants which produce more than 60% of the needed electricity. When switched off we are in a situation like North Corea. Germany is about to become de-industrialized.
WELCOME TO GREEN PARADISE IN Germany. For all dreamers like you!

Oct 6, 2020
Visit site
IN GOOD FAITH -
'The club of Rome' published 'The Limits to Growth' in in January, 1972. I have been preoccupied with AGW, & CO2 since reading 'The LImits. 'I was interviewed by the media the following year, twice, about an invention that would have greatly reduced fossil fuel consumption, and CO2 emissions. Neither interview went to air; I do not know why; I can only hazard a guess why. :-(

( ATM CO2 then was 315 ppm; it is now 417 ppm (today 421ppm!!! ;-(. that 100 ppm extra has supercharged, AND TURBOCHARGED, AND PUT ON STEROIDS, ALL THE CRAZY WEATHER WE SEE TODAY!!!!

That invention still simmers on 'the back burner'; where it has simmered, since '1972. Had it been marketed & adopted back then, EARTH WOULD NEVER HAVE EXCEEDED 400ppm CO2.

I BELIEVE WE CAN SAVE THE PLANET.

IN GOOD FAITH -
'The club of Rome' published 'The Limits to Growth' in in January, 1972. I was interviewed by the media the following year, twice, about an invention that would have greatly reduced fossil fuel consumption, and CO2 emissions. Neither interview went to air; I do not know why; I can only hazard a guess why. :-(

( ATM CO2 then('72) was 315 ppm; it is now 417 ppm (today 421ppm!!! ;-(. that 100+ ppm extra has supercharged, AND TURBOCHARGED, ALL THE CRAZY WEATHER WE SEE TODAY!!!!

That '72 invention still simmers on 'the back burner'; where it has simmered, since '1972. Had it been marketed & adopted back then, EARTH WOULD NEVER HAVE EXCEEDED 400ppm CO2.
CORRECTION, WE WOULD STILL BE WELL BELOW 400 PPM.

It could be manufactured quite quickly. i am 1600 tonnes CO2negative over last 13 years, manufacturing another invention, a cooker which reduces CO2 @ from 905 kg / firing, down to 7.62 Kg. (a 99% reduction) if anyone would like to buy those carbon credits, I would use the proceeds to get '72 invention into production, could be cutting CO2 emissions a great deal, within weeks.

I BELIEVE WE CAN SAVE THE PLANET.

Stuart Saunders

Last edited by a moderator:
But, as usual, there is more to the story. Here is an excerpt from yesterday's Congressional hearing (focused on insurance risk assessments) from scientist Judith Curry:

"It is significant what is not mentioned in the Summary for Policy Makers. Chapters Eleven and Twelve in the IPCC AR6 identify the following event types for which there is either no change or low confidence in any change:
meteorological and hydrological droughts;
extratropical storms;
total number of tropical cyclones;
and tornadoes, hail, and lightning associated with severe convective storms."
[my underline]

For the full the congressional statement, go here.

The super complex climate modeling does not include, apparently, things like natural variability, nor the important AMO (Atlantic Multi-decadal Oscillation). "An expected shift to the cool phase of the AMO would arguably portend fewer major hurricanes striking the U.S., particularly Florida." (J. Curry)

The key isn't whether or not the climate is warming, but to what extent and what risks must be considered to offer a balanced, not panicked, approach to this concern.

The IPCC doesn't use words like "catastrophe", "crisis", or "dangerous", though I am open to correction. They emphasize, apparently, "reason for concern".

Perhaps Space.com will have Judith Curry come and answer questions, some of which may need a moderator's touch to maintain some decorum.

Stop with the fear mongering doom. Seriously.

Mod Edit - Content

It's science, simple as that. Are you afraid of science? Why are you here if you don't believe in science?

To the author: Is it opposite day? Maybe you or your editor should fix this:

"These weather disasters provide a glimpse of lies ahead for planet Earth."

So it provides a glimpse of lies?

But, as usual, there is more to the story. Here is an excerpt from yesterday's Congressional hearing (focused on insurance risk assessments) from scientist Judith Curry:

"It is significant what is not mentioned in the Summary for Policy Makers. Chapters Eleven and Twelve in the IPCC AR6 identify the following event types for which there is either no change or low confidence in any change:
meteorological and hydrological droughts;
extratropical storms;
total number of tropical cyclones;
and tornadoes, hail, and lightning associated with severe convective storms."
[my underline]

For the full the congressional statement, go here.

The super complex climate modeling does not include, apparently, things like natural variability, nor the important AMO (Atlantic Multi-decadal Oscillation). "An expected shift to the cool phase of the AMO would arguably portend fewer major hurricanes striking the U.S., particularly Florida." (J. Curry)

The key isn't whether or not the climate is warming, but to what extent and what risks must be considered to offer a balanced, not panicked, approach to this concern.

The IPCC doesn't use words like "catastrophe", "crisis", or "dangerous", though I am open to correction. They emphasize, apparently, "reason for concern".

Perhaps Space.com will have Judith Curry come and answer questions, some of which may need a moderator's touch to maintain some decorum.

All you have to do is use your eyes. Hurricanes don't come up to Canada. Until now. Temperature trends are not a lie. Added temperature increasing energy for storms is not a lie. Catastrophic flooding and droughts are not a lie.

You can SEE these things. Permafrost melting is not a lie. Ice disappearing from the antarctic is not a lie. Heat wave at the bottom of the ocean is not a lie...

The world is just about overdue for the next big Ice Age. And when it comes, it will be sudden and cataclysmic, a sudden drop (less than 200 years) off a big cliff. Such has already been measured from a warming lull further along than is being warned of now from Environmentalist tyrants and tyrannies. "Save the Earth" . . . for the next great Ice Age due anytime now. Apparently, the norm, the long of it, the warming lulls being the short of it. No matter which cataclysm comes, we, Mankind and the rest of life on Earth, still won't have a large and synergistic frontier of 'exodus' in space, a frontier that would include the Old World Earth and all who remain behind on it, due to it (as did all major frontiers of the past include the Old World and all who remained). A matter of opening system. A matter of energy physics.

All you have to do is use your eyes. Hurricanes don't come up to Canada. Until now.
False. The worst hurricane was in 1775.

Wiki shows 34 Cat 1+ hurricanes for Canada ....Here.

You can SEE these things. Permafrost melting is not a lie. Ice disappearing from the antarctic is not a lie. Heat wave at the bottom of the ocean is not a lie...
Indeed. The heat from underwater volcanoes effect ice melts.

Reactions: Atlan0001
There are periods of time when the Earth was warmer than now. When Greenland was largely green, when Europe and Asia had their greatest age of pre-modern farming, aka the dark and middle ages.

There was the time when Antarctica was warm enough to be teeming with life and all mid-Australia was the bottom of shallow seas loaded with sea life (as fossil impressed rocks all through it show . . . of which I saw many where I was).

I'm a seventy-year student of history, a long and deep interest of mine along with physics (physics, just to read and think on). I have a book on the greatest natural disasters of history (including Ice Ages and warming interludes going back two-million years of Ice Age now being the norm of Earth).

They were all periods of upheaval, natural and man-made. Periods of fanatical zeal and zealotry and great movements, including great migrations, in the great "greening" of the Earth . . . before sudden, I repeat sudden(!), drop-offs like the Little Ice Age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts