Expanding Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abq_farside

Every time that page reloads when the Gate.com is displayed at the top of the page, it automatically expands (even without a mouse-over event). It would be nice if the roll-over could have a 2-3 second delay on it.

I am using IE 8.

M

MeteorWayne

Yeah it is damn annoying. abq is right, no mouseover is required, it just expands and you have to close it every time just to see the top of the topic list or first post in a thread.

I'd prefer a 2 or 3 month delay myself... :)

D

doublehelix

MeteorWayne":2bl34tzb said:
Yeah it is damn annoying. abq is right, no mouseover is required, it just expands and you have to close it every time just to see the top of the topic list or first post in a thread.

I'd prefer a 2 or 3 month delay myself... :)

I just noticed this behavior today - it expanded on its own and I'm using Firefox 3. I'll forward to the ad department.

-dh

A

abq_farside

Thanks - glad to see it was not just me seeing things - thought maybe I had a shaky mouse hand or something.

M

MeteorWayne

No, and it would be good to let the marketing people know that ads like this will ensure that I will never use their company even if I had a need for them. I'd find someone else in the same field.

A

abq_farside

I am guessing the marketing people did not get the word - it continues to be very annoying

D

doublehelix

I've asked the ad department what is up, and they will get back to me soon, after they talk to one of their sources.

-dh

M

MeteorWayne

Interesting, I do not see it anymore, but there is one ad in the rotation (At both the forums and SDC main page) that causes my security to ask me access to a secure dll; I just say no twice, so never see it.

Edit:

Since I can't see it (which is fine) the best I can do to ID it is that's it's the one in the googleads rotation right before the Ford Fusion ad (which is not an annoying expander, than God)

D

doublehelix

MeteorWayne":lzrqyemn said:
Interesting, I do not see it anymore, but there is one ad in the rotation (At both the forums and SDC main page) that causes my security to ask me access to a secure dll; I just say no twice, so never see it.

Wayne, do you recall what ad that was?

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts