• We hope all of you have a great holiday season and an incredible New Year. Thanks so much for being part of the Space community!

Finally got to use my new Skyquest XT6 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

whittier97370

Viewed Saturn for the first time. It was amazing! I had never seen Saturn's rings except in pictures. I also looked at Sirius, Betelguese and Mars. I was a little disappointed with Mars. Is this a bad viewing time for Mars? I was kind of hoping to be able to see the polar ice caps but all I saw was an orange ball. The scope only came with the 10 and 25 mm eyepieces. The 10 takes it out to 120x. Would a good 2x barlow lens be a useful purchase? If so what does everyone recommend?

T

tfwthom

Personally I don't like Mars, never have been impressed with it even in a 28" scope. Saturn and Jupiter are nice, and the ones I like to watch.<br /><br />Grab this program, on Jupiter. JupSat95 Calculates and displays the positions of Jupiter's four main (Galilean) moons, Calculates and displays the Great Red Spot Transit times, etc <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

R

rybanis

I would also recommend subscribing to Sky and Telescope or some magazine like it. Theres a ton of useful information out there. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS