Foundation Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dors

I picked up the Asimov classic "Foundation" a few months ago and as of now I have read every possible sequel including those written by other authors and the intertrined Robot series. Is there anyone else out there who is addicted to this series? The only movie I think ever made connected to the series was I, Robot with will smith which had absolutely nothing to do with the book I, Robot other than a couple of the names being the same. I would love to see a miniseries covering everything from Hari Seldon's early years to Daneel selling the human race out (in order to save us from ourselves)

H

hracctsold

Foundation Series is a classic, and I really enjoyed it much. But by the fifth book I was beginning to be a little bogged down in it. I have picked up one of the books from the Asimov estate's auth. writers. It was pretty good, and I am planning to try and read the other two as I can find the time.<br /><br />As for the movie, that was just a short story that had to be expanded. But the concept was well thot out I think. Not like another short story I like called The Sound of Thunder. I was really looking forward to it, but it never came, and then I found out it went straight to video. I found a copy for $10., and for that price it was not to bad, but was a FAR CRY from the idea of the book.

L

lampblack

I read the Foundation books and the related robot books some years back. Pretty much plowed through them the way you did -- and enjoyed the heck out of all of them, although the Foundation books wore a little thin along the way.<br /><br />I love Asimov. Heck, I've loved him for close to 40 years now. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#0000ff"><strong>Just tell the truth and let the chips fall...</strong></font> </div>

D

docm

Ditto. I bored through them when I was a kid as well. Still enjoy them and plan with to introduce Erik (9) to them as soon as he finishes "20,000 Leagues...." and "The Time Machine". <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

H

hracctsold

Now, Time Machine was a great book to read as a kid. Also the original movie was tops as well. The entrigue of it all may have helped cause my life long fascination with that subject.<br /><br />There was also an older movie some time back that also explored that idea. I am not sure of the title, but it was about Jack the Ripper stealing the H.G. Wells time machine and coming the present time. This caused Wells to have to travel to this time and fight Jack for his machine. In the movie they were friends, and don't even think about the technology of that show. But it was just a fun show, seeing how people of that era dealt with the present day, (I think it was set around 1985 or so). <br /><br />

L

lampblack

You are giving that son of yours a fine, classical education in all that's best about sci-fi -- and literature generally. Most excellent! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#0000ff"><strong>Just tell the truth and let the chips fall...</strong></font> </div>

D

dragon04

I've read all the Foundation and Foundation-related books a few times.<br /><br />I just purchased the Empire series and the Robot series. Just in time for my little trip to Tennessee.<br /><br />I also purchased a copy of Foundation and Earth. That's the only Foundation book I didn't own a copy of.<br /><br />He's probably my favorite author.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>"2012.. Year of the Dragon!! Get on the Dragon Wagon!".</em> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts