Four rockets struck northern Israel from Lebanon

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nec208

<font size="3">&nbsp;Four rockets struck northern Israel from Lebanon on Thursday, wounding two people, Israeli police and emergency medical services said.</font> <p><font size="3">The rockets hit near the city of Nahariya, located about six miles from the Lebanese border, police said. The Israeli military said it returned fire toward the source of the rockets after the attack.</font></p><p><font size="3">Schools and kindergartens were closed in Nahariya and the nearby town of Shlomi, the Israel Defense Forces reported. </font></p><p><font size="3">The Israeli military warned civilians in the western Galilee region to stay close to shelters in the aftermath of Thursday's attack. </font></p><p><font size="3">The report comes as Israeli airstrikes on Gaza, aimed at halting rocket fire from the Hamas-ruled Palestinian territory to the south, entered a 13th day.</font></p><p><strong><font size="3" color="#004276">Israel</font></strong><font size="3"> fought a similar campaign against the Lebanese Shiite Muslim militia Hezbollah in 2006, during which Hezbollah rained rockets on cities in Israeli's north for a month before a cease-fire was reached.</font></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><font size="3">There was no immediate claim of responsibility for Thursday's attack.</font></p><p class="cnnInline"><strong><font size="3" color="#004276">Hezbollah</font></strong><font size="3"> has kept a tight rein on its forces in southern Lebanon since the cease-fire, however, and a number of Palestinian factions operate in southern Lebanon as well.</font> </p><p>http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/08/israel.rockets/&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

nec208

<p>Yet people pay the&nbsp;price by Hezbollah ,hamas and Iran that would love to have all out war with Israel and the US .</p><p>With economy so bad that all we need is a middle east war.But it is going to happen some day.I know I was reading reports from the Arab countries that they are scared of terrorists would go after them if they do not show anti-Western .</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><br /><br />&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

Boris_Badenov

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Yet people pay the&nbsp;price by Hezbollah ,hamas and Iran that would love to have all out war with Israel and the US .With economy so bad that all we need is a middle east war.But it is going to happen some day.I know I was reading reports from the Arab countries that they are scared of terrorists would go after them if they do not show anti-Western .&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />Posted by nec208</DIV></p><p><font size="2">The average Ahmed on the street is going to pay the heavy price for any war in the Mideast. It sure isn't going to be the leaders of Islam, & the amount of war here in the US is going to be minuscule.&nbsp;The only people that want war are the ones that think allah is going to intervene if Israel pops a Nuke 1500 feet above Mecca.<br /></font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

C

coeptus

<p>&nbsp;</p><p>Considering how militarily ineffective these rocket attacks are, and the vigorous Israeli response they provoke, if one were a committed anti-Palestinian, I can hardly think of a more cost effective way of damaging the Palestinians than by giving them more of those dumb little rockets. </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Of course, such an evil ploy could be easily thwarted by the Palestinians having the collective brainlobes to realize firing those rockets is el-maxo-stupido, but the chances of that defense being mounted is nil.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff00ff">If not for bad Pluck, I'd have no Pluck at all . . .</font></p><p> </p><p><font color="#0000ff">This is your vogon, posting under coeptus, and trying IE and Firefox  to see if either is faster with fewer misloads.  Erf !!</font></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts