Godspeed, Jimmy Doohan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yevaud

PHOENIX (Reuters) - The remains of actor James Doohan, who played the starship Enterprise's chief engineer Scotty on "Star Trek," will be blasted into space next month, the company organizing the flight said on Friday.<br /><br />The Canadian-born actor who inspired the catchphrase "Beam me up, Scotty" -- even though it was never actually uttered on the television show -- died two years ago at the age of 85.<br /><br />Houston-based commercial company Space Services Inc. said some of Doohan's remains were packed into a rocket at Las Cruces, New Mexico, on Friday, ahead of the flight scheduled for April 28.<br /><br />The company had originally planned to blast Doohan's remains into space two years ago. But the flight was delayed by tests, then by a misfire during a practice launch last year.<br /><br />Full Story <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

D

docm

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning Scotty. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

jmilsom

I think I would rather have a video file of myself blasted through the galaxy than my ashes! Then a million years from now, if some aliens intercept the craft it would be "Hey Dude, check out this cool creature," rather than "Hey Dude, check this out - a canister of ash!" <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

I

ice9

Better yet.<br />My Brain and some dna.<br />They might resurect me out of curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts