Gravity machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

branketra

In the manga and anime Dragonball (anime is Dragonball Z), several of the characters trained in places where the gravity was anywhere from 10 times earth's gravity to 450 times. Two characters trained in space shuttles using machines that could increase of decrease the gravity in the ship.

I wanted to know if any technology that can multiply gravity in a closed area exists.

D

drwayne

Depends on what your requirements are. Clearly a centrifuge could be used.

M

mj1

branketra":2fvdkbmt said:
In the manga and anime Dragonball (anime is Dragonball Z), several of the characters trained in places where the gravity was anywhere from 10 times earth's gravity to 450 times. Two characters trained in space shuttles using machines that could increase of decrease the gravity in the ship.

I wanted to know if any technology that can multiply gravity in a closed area exists.
There was an idea I saw for sending men to Mars where they had a ship that was tethered to a counterweight and the ship simply rotated around the counterweight creating gravity. A real simple and doable idea.

Y

yevaud

branketra":1yxbv2fz said:

At anything over 10 G's, serious cell and cardiac issues will occur; at 25 G's, the human heart simply...stops.

M

Mee_n_Mac

yevaud":jt8o22sl said:
branketra":jt8o22sl said:

At anything over 10 G's, serious cell and cardiac issues will occur; at 25 G's, the human heart simply...stops.

At 10G's I don't think anyone, other than Chuck Norris, will be doing roundhouse kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.