Gravity Universal Travel Theory using E=MC2

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The_Science_Kid

My idea is inspired from dr. Ronald Mallett and Einstien.
E=MC2 Shows that mass and energi is 2 forms of the same thing. M=Gravity, now is E=M then E=Gravity too, and according to einstiens theory of general relativity, Mass and energi twist space and time. Now, image a machine powerfull enough to twist space and time like crazy and travel on this twist. Let me explain, now this line is the time and
space.
Distance: 4 Light Years (Distance to nearest star)
x
You want to go here <____________________________________> You are here
x Machine is here. x
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, when you turn the machine on, it will create insanes amount of energy, which according to E=MC2 should create gravity. Now, the gravity from the energy twists time and space so much, that the point from where you are standing gets moved over to the point you want to go to. If you want a better example, take a piece of papir, draw a place that says finish and a place that says start, now the 2 thing you draw on the papir HAS TO BE IN LINE which each other. Now, the papir is space/time, the 2 things you draw in line of each other are the place you are (start) and the place you wanna go (finish). Now, hold the papir and put something small but heavy on the midle of the papir, this represents the machine. Now see how the papir moves down a bit, now if the object has enough masse (gravity), then the to lines would meet. What do you guys think ? Is this possible with the right machine ?

PS. Im only 13 years old (Sorry, i just had to say it)

D

dangineer

Science Kid,

I think it's fantasic that you are interested in science and physics! Please keep it up as we need more young people like you with bright and curious minds.

You're idea is basically correct in terms of how General Relativity works. This idea forms the foundation of the "warp drive" concept. Using enough energy, space can be curved so that the distance between objects gets smaller. This could allow a spacecraft to appear to travel faster than the speed of light.

The main problem with using this "warp drive" is that it requires huge amounts of energy. In fact, to make it work, you would need more energy than all of humanity generates in a year! So since we don't have a way to generate this much energy yet, this technology is a long way off. There are several other problems, too, such as the use of negative energy, which we aren't even sure exists.

Look up "Alcubierre Drive." It's an idea about a particular type of gravity field that can allow a spacecraft to travel faster than light. The main problem, like I said above, is generating the right amount of energy (and type).

T

The_Science_Kid

dangineer":9dp6v0nt said:
Science Kid,

I think it's fantasic that you are interested in science and physics! Please keep it up as we need more young people like you with bright and curious minds.

You're idea is basically correct in terms of how General Relativity works. This idea forms the foundation of the "warp drive" concept. Using enough energy, space can be curved so that the distance between objects gets smaller. This could allow a spacecraft to appear to travel faster than the speed of light.

The main problem with using this "warp drive" is that it requires huge amounts of energy. In fact, to make it work, you would need more energy than all of humanity generates in a year! So since we don't have a way to generate this much energy yet, this technology is a long way off. There are several other problems, too, such as the use of negative energy, which we aren't even sure exists.

Look up "Alcubierre Drive." It's an idea about a particular type of gravity field that can allow a spacecraft to travel faster than light. The main problem, like I said above, is generating the right amount of energy (and type).
Thank you for youre reply, and now i know that this thing would take an insane amount of energey, this was made to be used in a future where we have so powerfull energi, like when they perfect Anti matter fusion :)

B

BreezyJ

Thank you for youre reply, and now i know that this thing would take an insane amount of energey, this was made to be used in a future where we have so powerfull energi, like when they perfect Anti matter fusion :)

I just have a hard time seeing someone perfecting Anti Matter warp drives without blowing us all up in the process of getting to that point!

I certainly hope I am wrong though.

Glad to see your as interested in physics and science at the age you are. I wish I would of been a better student in Middle and High School, but my education began to blossom at a later age. If you like it as much as you seem you do, please stick with it, it will benefit you and maybe many others!

D

dangineer

It will most certainly benefit many others.

But anyways, once we do get to the point of producing large amounts of antimatter, I could certainly see the possibility of having occaisional accidents. Perhaps we should eventually ban all large scale antimatter production to outer space...

T

The_Science_Kid

Thanks to both of you :) And yes, this is danguarus, but i dident say it wasent :)

R

ramparts

Bump?? lol there were only about 2 new posts made since the last post, there's not much to bump ;) Is there still a question you have? It looked like everyone was in agreement :)

M

MeteorWayne

bumping it to accomplish that is just going to annoy people ;)

A

a_lost_packet_

The_Science_Kid":322pq4hp said:
My idea is inspired from dr. Ronald Mallett and Einstien.
E=MC2 Shows that mass and energi is 2 forms of the same thing. M=Gravity, now is E=M then E=Gravity too, and according to einstiens theory of general relativity, Mass and energi twist space and time. Now, image a machine powerfull enough to twist space and time like crazy and travel on this twist. Let me explain, now this line is the time and
space.
Distance: 4 Light Years (Distance to nearest star)
x
You want to go here <____________________________________> You are here
x Machine is here. x
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, when you turn the machine on, it will create insanes amount of energy, which according to E=MC2 should create gravity. Now, the gravity from the energy twists time and space so much, that the point from where you are standing gets moved over to the point you want to go to. If you want a better example, take a piece of papir, draw a place that says finish and a place that says start, now the 2 thing you draw on the papir HAS TO BE IN LINE which each other. Now, the papir is space/time, the 2 things you draw in line of each other are the place you are (start) and the place you wanna go (finish). Now, hold the papir and put something small but heavy on the midle of the papir, this represents the machine. Now see how the papir moves down a bit, now if the object has enough masse (gravity), then the to lines would meet. What do you guys think ? Is this possible with the right machine ?

PS. Im only 13 years old (Sorry, i just had to say it)

= Wormhole

The problem with generating a wormhole of sufficient size (IIRC, they can't be too large either) is that the energy required to create one and which is capable of "moving" mass from point A to point B is... not obtainable by our understanding. There isn't enough energy available, that we know of, to accomplish this, if I recall correctly.

BUT, great idea and a very good attempt at trying to think such a thing through! Kudos!

PS - Learn all you can. Keep thinking, keep trying to figure things out, never give up and never stop posing questions and then trying to find answers. Who knows? Maybe YOU will be the one to figure out how to do it for all of us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts