"Green Hornet" (summer 2010) films in June....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Director:Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Be Kind - ReWind, The Chonchordes)

Britt Reid/GH: Seth Rogen - a very trimmed down and bulked up Seth Rogen!!
Kato: Stephen Chow (rumored - numerous martial arts films)

Green Hornet (publisher Britt Reid - grand nephew of The Lone Ranger) and his driver/bodyguard Kato fight crime by night traveling in Black Beauty - a high tech bullet proof supercar complete with rockets, grenade launcher, tear gas cannon, a surveillance drone launched from the trunk, a device that sprays ice behind to slip up others, a tire-track eraser, trap doors and all manner of toys worthy of the Batmobile.

(60's TV version - a Dean Jeffries/George Barris modded Chrysler Imperial)
greenhornetcar.jpg

J

jim48

Okay, well, um, I'm old enough to remember the show when it was on ABC in prime-time. I don't know why it didn't catch on. Might have been up against a hit show, as Time Tunnel got trounced by The Wild, Wild, West on Friday nights. It's about time they did a Hornet movie! I see Hornet as dark, like Batman. I just hope they don't get carried away with visual effects as too many movies today do. George Barris is still around, by the way.

D

drwayne

The day and age probabily did not help. Camp was in during that time - hence the way Batman was portrayed.
The notion of a hero who is seen as a criminal was not "in" then.

Speaking of Barris, I wonder if anyone will ever remake one of my favorite B movies - "The Car"

Wayne

D

docm

While you're at it why not remake "Killdozer", "The Wrecker", "The Hearse" and "Christine"? :p

Oops....scratch "Christine", they're already shopping around that remake :roll:

J

jim48

docm":7dckj5qi said:
While you're at it why not remake "Killdozer", "The Wrecker", "The Hearse" and "Christine"? :p

Killdozer was an ABC Movie of the Week back when I was in junior high school! Was that Chuck Conners? I should Google it but I still try to rely on my memory. One I heard about but never saw around that same time was A Cold Night's Death with Robert Culp. ABC invented the Movie of the Week, and one of their early hits was The Night Stalker, the highest rated Movie of the Week for that season.

D

drwayne

docm":nqc16qmz said:

I remember going to see "The Hearse" at the theater, but - I don't remember anything else about
the movie. Part of that might be that I don't think I have ever seen it after that on TV or one of the
movie networks...

I have gone to see some really bad movies in my time, but I usually remember *something*.

No, I was not drinking, I think.

:)

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.