Halo Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Prozert

Hi I'm new here and this will be my first post on the forum. I don't know how many gamers are on the site but I'm a huge gamer and most prominently a fan of the "Halo" series of games. Most of the trilogy is set in 2552 and you play as John 117 or "Master Chief" a super soldier with the Spartan 2 program apart of the human UNSC fighting an alien race known as the Covenant. Even though the story spans much further than that, that's kind of the jist of the trilogy. Bungies supposed final Halo game Halo Reach is a prequel to the trilogy. It takes place during the pinnacle point in the Human-Covenant war, The Battle Of Reach. Reach is a major colony and UNSC military base. During the battle or Reach most of Spartan 2 and Spartan 3's were killed and the following destruction of Reach. You play as a Spartan 3 team "Noble team" who are station on Reach and battle the Covenant. It is said to be the biggest video game of the year and just wondering if they're any Halo fans here.

S

starsinmyeyes44

Hello, Prozert...welcome to SDC!

I am sure there are some members of SDC that are Halo fans. However, they most likely post their comments, praises, critiques, etc. of the Halo games on some of the well-known gaming boards.

The "Science Fiction" forum on SDC is mostly for conversations about Science Fiction books, movies and TV series and the ideas and content found therein.

My 15 year old son is an avid Halo fan and I am reasonably familiar with "Master Chief", the Flood, the Elites and so forth from him telling me, in oh-so-great detail, about his battles while playing. He wants to go to a night-time event this Friday at the local GameCrazy where there is the possibility of winning a life-sized statue of one of the characters from Halo. I'm sure that I will take him because he wants to go so badly. ( I do wish, sometimes, that he could get his drivers license....and, then again, I don't!)

C

clandistine1

Mornin' Prozert and welcome
Prozert":10ky95we said:
just wondering if they're any Halo fans here.

Silly Question on a forum this big
Just saying I am a huge halo fan and know just about anything on halo
Welcome yet again

Ps: most of the spartan 2s were not killed here :!:

J

Jaydenbz2

If the spartan II's were not killed and were in fact missing in action on reach, their survivability chances are very low for these reasons:

The Covenant Glassed (burnt surface until it melts into glass) Reach (Earth-like planet located in the Epsilon Eridani System).The temperatures of the superheated plasma bombardment would exceed 2000 degrees celsius.

No food water, or life for that matter.

Covenant fleet patrolling the orbit of Reach.

The only way they could survive this attack is to hide in the forerunner caves deep under ground.
The forunners were a VERY advanced alien species that were wiped out by the flood 10 000 years ago.They were capable of making ultra-accurate slipspace jumps and building with atom precision.

-Jaydenbz2-

C

clandistine1

Jaydenbz2":3vx1fvib said:
If the spartan II's were not killed and were in fact missing in action on reach, their survivability chances are very low for these reasons:

The only way they could survive this attack is to hide in the forerunner caves deep under ground.
The forunners were a VERY advanced alien species that were wiped out by the flood 10 000 years ago.They were capable of making ultra-accurate slipspace jumps and building with atom precision.

-Jaydenbz2-

Well i would like to point out that Spartans never die... they are just mia or wia
And...
It was 100,000 years ago

Cheers

A

andrew_t1000

I've never played Halo, but I've read all the novels by Eric Nyland, they are great!
The "Halo Legends" animated movie collection is also worth watching.

After reading the novels though, it sounds like the Halo game would be like playing "Starship Troupers", you need a LOT of hits to take down the bugs.

Are the Covenant troops as tough to take down in the game as they sound in the novels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts