Question Hellas Planitia Why no rebound?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Asteroid impact effects and their immediate hazards for human populations Clemens M. Rumpf1 , Hugh G. Lewis1 , and Peter M. Atkinson2,3,4

Out of 20,000 simulations guess how many showed the impactor passing right through the impacted body?

Anyone giving any odds?

Reactions: dfjchem721

Catastrophe

Could a glancing blow from a sufficiently hard object create such a "blemish"? Not all impacts need be head on.
It was once thought that, for some strange reason, all impacts had to be vertical to produce round craters. However, it was eventually found that even impactors coming in at an angle still produces round, not elliptical, craters. Crater depth, however, is another matter.

Hoping to add the finishing touches to this story, the initial premise that the impactor passed into (and maybe out of) Mars seems largely based on the lack of a "rebound peak" commonly seen in many craters. But these are typically seen in only smaller craters, and more often on moons with low gravity.

As I noted in an earlier post above, one is not seen in Hellas Planitia because it is in a class of its own. It is called an "impact basin" (i.e. impact features exceeding 300 kilometers), and no such rebound is seen due to the molten state of the basin's "floor", which exists during the brief "infill" that occurs directly after impact.

Hellas Planitia is 2,300 km in diameter, rather large for most craters, but well defined as a basin. Peaks simply don't form in impact basins.

It would seem that we need to look at alternate theories about the impactor, and its "journey into Mars". No doubt it had a significant impact (no pun intended) on the geology of Mars, at least to some extent.

For more on all this cratering stuff, visit:

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_crater

Last edited:

Catastrophe

"In celestial mechanics, the Roche limit, also called Roche radius, is the distance within which a celestial body, held together only by its own force of gravity, will disintegrate due to a second celestial body's tidal forces exceeding the first body's gravitational self-attraction." Wiki

No further comment needed.

Asteroid impact effects and their immediate hazards for human populations Clemens M. Rumpf1 , Hugh G. Lewis1 , and Peter M. Atkinson2,3,4
What was the velocity spread for those impacts?

Was it local 20-50 kms or was it interstellar 30-500 kms?

Show me impact simulations done at 200-500 kms. I know they were done by the US Government and I also know they will never be published.

Mars is a wrecked planet. On a scale of 10 where 10 is just a dispersed rubble field Mars is only about a 2-3. It was fractured into blocks and a huge amount of it was melted.

The existence of Pallasite asteroids (olivine and iron) indicates an origin in a planetary body. Asteroids are not big enough (gravitational gradient) or hot enough (viscosity and diffusion) to differentiate. This is another of Houston’s fictional processes to explain away planetary core material without divulging the existence of interstellar asteroids.

Pallasite’s are planetary core material extracted after a planet has differentiated. The LHB is a fiction and even it cannot supply a mechanism for extracting core material without resetting the differentiation of a planet back to zero.

In regard to final nails in coffins. Oumuamua and Borisov were the final nails in Houston’s corruption. Oil geology is easily explained by high velocity interstellar impacts.

Mantle plumes are a direct product of interstellar impacts.

Interstellar asteroids are a pinpoint energy depositing mechanism that shreds a lot of the fictional geology coming out of Houston, Nasa and the USGS.

ma-381226-WEB.jpg

In regard to final nails in coffins. Oumuamua and Borisov were the final nails in Houston’s corruption. Oil geology is easily explained by high velocity interstellar impacts.

Mantle plumes are a direct product of interstellar impacts.

Interstellar asteroids are a pinpoint energy depositing mechanism that shreds a lot of the fictional geology coming out of Houston, Nasa and the USGS.

Where is the evidence of interstellar interlopers involved in all this stuff?

Oumuamua and Borisov were believed to be such things, and now some believe these things were/are involved in transforming the solar system.

To get some credibility into this story line, we are going to have to request you provide hard evidence for such an origin for all these objects hitting the planets.

And why in heavens does "Nasa and the USGS" have a "fictional geology" narrative to cover up these interstellar objects? They would have never admitted to us that such things existed if they wanted to keep this hush-hush.

And does this have anything to do with Roswell?

You have evaded a lot of such questions in the past. Try to be a little more informative, Few will believe these stories without believable references.

Reactions: Catastrophe
Who is Roswell?

Science based on references?

Does all of science trace back to a single first reference?

It can’t be science if it doesn’t first have a reference?

Where was the wheel first created?

How could wheels exist without references?

Am I using circular logic?

Why would secret science have references?

Why would you ask a man wearing a mask who he is?

Who is Roswell?

Science based on references?

Does all of science trace back to a single first reference?

It can’t be science if it doesn’t first have a reference?

Where was the wheel first created?

How could wheels exist without references?

Am I using circular logic?

Why would secret science have references?

Why would you ask a man wearing a mask who he is?

From your answers, which are actually a long list of questions, one can assume that there is no clear data to support any claims regarding interstellar objects hammering the solar system since the get-go.

Or afterwards.

We will just have to take your word on it.

No problem!

Reactions: Catastrophe
We will just have to take your word on it.

No problem!

References have two purposes. If the paper you are writing is building on the work of others you are giving them fair credit by including it as a reference. The other part of a reference is create a body of information that is considered to be consistent, accurate, and factual. Normally an interconnecting web of references would indicate good science.

I can give you references talking about enrichment of heavy isotopes in the crust (especially uranium). But none of those references will tell you what happened to the lighter isotopes.

World wide black shale units were not created by anoxia. The black shale metallic content is the result of orbital and planetary fallout from an interstellar impact. The black shale metallic content fell out of the sky.

The absence of interstellar asteroid impacts in the scientific literature is also not science.

Your logic isn’t so much flawed as it is incomplete. If I could produce references that directly connect interstellar asteroids and oil, my circumstances would not be what they are.

Your arguments have forced me to fill in the gaps in my reasoning. You seem to have a genuine interest in arguing the science. The difference in our viewpoints is based on experience. You have seen minor political or factional infighting in science but your confidence in the scientific process is largely intact. I have seen a much more criminal use of science.

I will continue to expand my arguments on what I call secret science and you could continue to have the pleasure of holding my feet to the fire.

I think that Hellas Planitia has been beaten to death until new information becomes available.

Catastrophe

Yes, yes, like everybody else, we believe every word you say. You are without doubt the most credible witness the world has ever seen. We wish you all the best in spreading your indubitably faultless message to others in the world who have not yet had the great pleasure of meeting you.

Very sincere wishes for all the best . . . . . . . . . and Bon Voyage!

Latest posts