Question Hi folks - I need your expertise:

Mar 27, 2021
Visit site
I've got this podcast, see? And it's got about 1,400 listens across its seven episodes, which means it's basically like Radiolab. I'm some sort of super-celebrity now.

I use the hook of the Marvel movies to lure people in, and then WHAM, hit them with science education. Poor suckers don't even know they're learning. Each 30-ish minute episode, I talk with a Science Expert and a Color Commentator about the good and bad science of the MCU.

Here's where you come in:
  • Are you an astronomer who wants to talk about convergences (a la Thor: The Dark World or really the recent Jupiter/Saturn convergence)?
  • Are you a cosmologist who wants to talk about the Infinity Stones existing "before the Big Bang" (i.e. what was the Big Bang and what happens when we try to think about "before" it)?
  • Are you an astrophysicist who wants to talk about wormholes (aka The Bifrost)?
  • Are you an expert in neutron stars who wants to talk about the possibility of making a hammer in one?
If you're not any of those kinds of scientist, but still interested:
  • Are you an expert in Dissociative Identity Disorder and want to talk about Bruce Banner and The Hulk?
  • Are you a nuclear physicist who wants to talk about how to synthesize a new element, and how Tony might have managed it in his garage?
  • Are you an expert in hypnosis and want to talk about The Winter Soldier?
  • Are you an expert in cryogenics and want to talk about The Winter Soldier?
  • Are you an expert in aerodynamics who wants to talk about The Falcon and his wings?
  • Are you an expert in...genetic engineering? Human growth hormone? Or anything we can connect to the Super Soldier Serum?
  • Are you an expert in demography who wants to talk about Thanos' plan to save the Universe?
  • Are you an expert in holographic projection and want to talk about Mysterio?
  • Are you any other sort of qualified expert that wants to talk about some good or bad science in comic book sci-fi that I haven't thought of yet?
Then let me know and let's make a podcast guest out of you!

I don't want to link to the show because I just read the rules and they seem pretty serious, but it's called The Marvels of Science.

Mods, if this isn't the right place/way to ask this, just let me know - thanks!

-Dave

Latest posts