I like physics

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tampham0907

physics is very difficult subject but It brings us a lot of fun

Q

quantumnumber

I like reading about physics. I get to take my first physics class this fall. I am really excited. :D

D

dangineer

I like physics too. It's neat to see how using math we can make predictions about how the universe works.

M

MeteorWayne

I don't really see how this contributes to the Physics discussions of this forum, so I am tempted to either close it or move it to Free Space. Any comments? We are supposed to be discussing physics topics here.

M

MeteorWayne

My other thought is User Annoucements.

We shall ponder it for a bit.

{"Pinky, are you pndering what I'm pondering?" "Well I think so Brain, but...."}

D

doublehelix

MeteorWayne":1rlq8ans said:
My other thought is User Annoucements.

We shall ponder it for a bit.

{"Pinky, are you pndering what I'm pondering?" "Well I think so Brain, but...."}

I would say Free Space, as User Announcements is for promotions by our users.

-dh

M

MeteorWayne

And with that, the tipping point has been reached...

MW

J

jimglenn

A basic knowledge of physics, science, and math can help you in everyday problems. For example, recently it was
claimed that police radar on a plane clocked a motorcycle at 150 MPH. I questioned this, and someone said it was
a simple trig offset you need to do, since you are not in the same plane as the bike.

After looking into it, I find that it is an impossible problem for a normal police radar. First of all, the planes radar will
see the ground as another moving item, besides vehicles. Ground clutter is such an enormous problem, that a special
computational system called "look down, shoot down" is needed. Doppler shift. All the targets must have their measured speed subtracted from the aircrafts, with proper vector orientation.

Now, unless the cops can afford an F-15 radar, they are out of luck. They said "radar", but meant "VASCAR", simple
optical timing.

How about explain the nature of electromagnetic radiation, and how it propagates itself? How the electromagnetic, and electrostatic fields exchange energy. And why does it go at the speed C? :?: Why isn't it 100 MPH? :mrgreen:

M

MasterComposter

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y[/youtube]

D

doublehelix

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJr2evLANsE[/youtube]

C

crazyeddie

LOL! That is one hilarious video, and that's one ballsy little turtle!

I don't know what it all has to do with physics, but thanks for sharing that!

C

cosmictraveler

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them."
Albert Einstein

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
Albert Einstein

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."
Albert Einstein

"The more success the quantum theory has, the sillier it looks"
Albert Einstein

"All of science is nothing more than the refinement of everyday thinking."
Albert Einstein

M

MasterComposter

cosmictraveler":23qeql1h said:
Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them."
Albert Einstein

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
Albert Einstein

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."
Albert Einstein

"The more success the quantum theory has, the sillier it looks"
Albert Einstein

"All of science is nothing more than the refinement of everyday thinking."
Albert Einstein

This is very interesting, but I fail to see what it has to do with turtles. Please try to keep on the topic, which, I believe, is turtles. I thank you, and so do the turtles.

Q

quantumnumber

Turtles...one day, I was taking a nice jog on a nice sunny day. I see something ahead. It looked like a rock. As I run by it, a head reaches out towards my ankle. Turns out this "rock" was a huge snapping turtle. Now, back on topic, the liking of physics! I can't decide which is more interesting to read about, the quantum world or the very large. I really want to learn more about wave function collapse. Anyone recommend a website?

M

Mars_Unit

Physics is a cool subject. Physics and Physicists have lots of cool toys! They are very inventive. Whether it is a Newton's Cradle with several silver balls swinging back and forth or seeing a cannon recoil backward because of f=ma, it is a fascinating phenomena.

The equation E=MC2 is literally telling us that matter is energy and vice versa.

The only thing I see bad in Physics is that we cannot make controlled Fusion for making electrical power.

I was hoping that Pons Flieschman Cold Fusion would make a revolution in Physics, but now it seems to be related to a Quantum Nucleonic Reaction.

I am fascinated by the Quantum Nucleonic Reactor that consists of a block of Hafnium and an X-Ray machine.

This kind of reactor generates 60 times more energy than the X-Ray machine.

The X-Rays slam into the Hafnium and they apparently make the atoms collide at high energy which causes them to split releasing Neutrons which become Gamma Rays and Infrared. That is awesome.

They used the worlds most powerful laser light to bombard a sandwich of Gold and Uranium which made Antimatter!

Awesome stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts