ID4.2 and ID4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Link....

Exclusive: ID4 Sequel(s) May Be Closer To Happening Than Ever Before!!!

>
IESB has received a tip that Will Smith is now locked for not only Independence Day 2, but also a third installment. The plan would be to shoot both films back-to-back. Whether the studio opts to go the Matrix route and release the two films six months apart or do like the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels and split them by a year remains to be seen. According to our sources, if all goes according to plan, the sequel(s) could shoot as early as 2011.

This would be Emmerich's next directorial endeavor after his William Shakespeare thriller Anonymous. This would also come after Will Smith's next (which will be either The City That Sailed or Men in Black 3). So this wouldn't interfere with those projects.

The original ID-4 brought in a total of $817,400,891in worldwide box office receipts and you can easily add another $200 million plus in DVD sales and TV rights.That's right, ID4 is a bona fide billion dollar franchise.

Keep in mind, folks, we're still awaiting confirmation from Fox and other sources - who as of now have not yet been able to confirm or deny our story. Even though this comes via a reliable source, we're going to put this in the "Rumor" catalog for the time being.
>

J

JasonChapman

Love Independence Day, there's been rumours floating around for years now about a sequel, don't see where they're going to go with a plot line. 'Bad guys come back we beat them again' Sounds a bit boring.

And when the hell is Smith doing MIBIII?

D

docm

MIB-III's release date is listed as 2011 with shooting later this year, unless it swaps dates with Smiths 2012 project City that Sailed. Up to Smith himself.

MIB3 screenplay: Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder, King of the Hill [TV])

CTS director: Francis Lawrence (I Am Legend, Constantine; coming: Snow and the Seven, Samson, Marco Polo, I Am Legend prequel)
CTS screenplay: Andrew Niccol (The Terminal, The Truman Show, Lord of War)

J

JasonChapman

According to the IMDB he's doing 'I Robot 2', 'Hancock 2' a prequel to 'I am legend', he's a busy bee.

D

docm

And his wife and one son, Jaden, are also in the business. Keeps the wife in diamonds and Halson ;)

Trivia: Will Smith turned down the role of Neo in The Matrix, a move he regards as the biggest mistake of his career. The part he most regrets taking was as James West in Wild Wild West.

S

summoner

I don't think Smith has many mistakes to his name. IIrc his movies have grossed more than any other actor's, and since his last 2 movies included revenue bonuses he's quite well off.

J

JasonChapman

docm":28c8nvno said:
And his wife and one son, Jaden, are also in the business. Keeps the wife in diamonds and Halson ;)

Trivia: Will Smith turned down the role of Neo in The Matrix, a move he regards as the biggest mistake of his career. The part he most regrets taking was as James West in Wild Wild West.

Its just as well really, ever since Keano Reeves starred in the Matrix he's been typecast, 'Constantine' and 'The Day the Earth Stood still' prove that. Smith is one of the most versitile actors in Hollywood. Wild Wild West wasn't a particularly a brilliant film, but hey every great actor has at least one turkey under their belt.

D

docm

Oh, I agree totally. Will Smith is the most bankable male star in Hollyweird with Sandra Bullock the top female, no doubt about it. He's also major league talented. Both have made gems and both have made $3 DVD's too, which is normal given the utter lack of competent screenwriters and producers these days.

H

HRacct

Sorry for this unintended hijack of this thot, but I was wondering about another Will Smith movie. I have heard yea and nay about the I Am Legend show. I have not gotten around to seeing it. No long answers, but were the effects up to the show, and the way the plot was presented, any good? Charlton Heston was in the original, (right?), as the Omega Man? Thanks.

As to another ID4.2, if it was as good as the other, that would be great. But for MIB III, if it will be just a sequel of the others, that will be a great shame, as the others did play off of each other with the writing, actors, and skill shown by all, (What about the TICK'S scene at the start). I find it hard to think they could top the other two shows. But I would be delighted to see it, if it was done right!!

Handcock was alright, but not one of my favorites. I did enjoy I, Robot, very much. I thought it was a good adaption to the short story and was faithful to the idea of the writer, (but I have heard much different from others). But again, good ideas and writing would have to carry the storyline, if they could create such a thing. I do think though, that that writing may be easier then other show ideas. Maybe Sonny could be the one telling the tale, of how Will helped him deal with a robot problem or something of that nature.

D

docm

HRacct":3n51wg3q said:
Sorry for this unintended hijack of this thot, but I was wondering about another Will Smith movie. I have heard yea and nay about the I Am Legend show. I have not gotten around to seeing it. No long answers, but were the effects up to the show, and the way the plot was presented, any good? Charlton Heston was in the original, (right?), as the Omega Man? Thanks.

First: the original movie version of Richard Matheson's 1954 novel I Am Legend was the 1964 film The Last Man on Earth starring Vincent Price, which was very good in spite of the limited production values of the day. This was followed by 1971's Omega Man starring Charlton Heston, 2007's I Am Legend starring Will Smith and an Australian production called I Am Omega starring US martial artist/actor Mark Dacascos that was released direct to DVD a month before Will Smiths version (the production company involved is known for such ripoffs). BBC also did a radio miniseries version in 2007.

We found the Will Smith movie quite good, though others may not as a matter of personal taste. The effects, and most of all the zombie/vampires, were top notch as one would expect for such a major production. It certainly differed from the novel particularly at the end, but there is an alternate ending that is a bit closer to the original story and all the other flicks took liberties too so....

IMO all of the films are worth watching save for the rather forgettable Aussie production.

Coming: an I Am Legend prequel for 2011 starring Will Smith that covers the events before the first film, some of which were touched on in the first flick via flashback and dream sequences.

H

HRacct

docm,

Thanks for the update about the old film, Last man on Earth. I always thot that was the one with that subject matter. But I was told it had to be Omega Man, and I saw that one sometime back. But I do remember Vincent Price; didn't he go vampire hunting during the day, and hide at night. Then a girl shows up to complicate things. Correct? or am I STILL off base.

D

docm

All the good versions have him vampire hunting by day, hiding by night and introduce a woman that adds confusion to his life, as they do to all of us ;)

F

FictionBecomesFact

I Am Legend had the budget and special effects.

Omega Man (Charlton Heston) had an interesting actor in the leading role, as well as an engaging dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts