identify moving non-flashing lights in the night sky

Jul 24, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I live in Jerusalem and enjoy star gazing the cloudless skies around 4am. Usually within minutes I see ( unaided, apart from my eye glasses) a light floating across the sky. My question is how can i identify and predict these sightings. I've tried in the sky, n2yo and satview for tracking satellites . but each one gives different info for the same date time and gps location. Is there a place that gives definitive info?
Thanks for any help

Try www.heavens-above.com. Set your location, it gives you a map of the sky with the visible planets. Another page will give you accurate satellite predictions and a map with the flight path for each, even some details of the object. There is a separate page just for ISS if that’s your interest. Amateur radio satellites for the HAM guys. You can even set up alerts on your phone when a particular satellite will be passing by. I’ve had this for years.

Sep 6, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I live in Jerusalem and enjoy star gazing the cloudless skies around 4am. Usually within minutes I see ( unaided, apart from my eye glasses) a light floating across the sky. My question is how can i identify and predict these sightings. I've tried in the sky, n2yo and satview for tracking satellites . but each one gives different info for the same date time and gps location. Is there a place that gives definitive info?
Thanks for any help
Hi, I have seen many such lights, in fact I beleive they are around ALL the time or at least a lot more than most people think. I had filmed something I saw in the sky, and then brightened it to see it better, and was astonished to see 2-3 orbs moving around it.

Latest posts