I'm getting sick of Artificial Intelligence!

I'm getting sick of AI trying to anticipate me when it can't. Screwing up my browsers with ("not responding") delays. Forcing duplications of messaging and responses too often. And so on, making my on-line experience increasingly miserable. It's tyrannical, anarchic, and it just isn't human! Or, rather, more likely, it's just too human for me!

In the Popeye comics long ago there was a creature around called "jeep"! It tried to do everything for humans, just like the robots in 'I Robot', the Collosus in the 'Collosus: The Forbin Project', the police robot in 'The Day the Earth Stood Still', the ID computer in 'Forbidden Planet', 'HAL', and more AI systematic 'Big Brothers'. It can get almighty tiresome!

It's Space Age stuff but where is our birth, our breakout, our expansion, to the Space Frontier of that Space Age?! We have the limbs, the organs, the energies, the complex structures and infrastructure and reaches, the needs and wants for Space Age birth, but the Space Frontier itself is on the other side of an Iron Curtain chastity-like belt until we are perfected humans (perfected life) in this womb world, or nest, of Earth! In here, AI is an increasingly malignant deformation of life, not an increasingly benign Space Frontier and Space Age symbiosis. The child of human life on Earth, overall life itself in its due time of birthing out, breaking out, expanding out, is headed for perfection alright! Perfection of the wrong kind . . . the absolute worst kind possible!

Last edited:
ChatGPT-3 is "predictive". It predicts the most likely word to follow each word it has outputted. It was seeded with a snapshot of the internet in 2021 thus is not up to date. ChatGPT-4 is probably more up to date. There is no effort made in ChatGPT to discern truth from lies. It just goes by likelihood. For example, if you asked it to explain Special Relativity and give a reference it would provide a lucid and accurate explanation but the reference would not be an actual reference but it would take a stab at the most likely and would give something along the lines of:

Einstein, A. "Special Relativity", Annalen der Physik, 1905, p1-20

Because Einstein is the most likely person to have published, Annalen der Physik is his preferred journal, his papers generally ran about 20 pages and they always put him in the front.

ChatGPT-3 is "predictive". It predicts the most likely word to follow each word it has outputted. It was seeded with a snapshot of the internet in 2021 thus is not up to date. ChatGPT-4 is probably more up to date. There is no effort made in ChatGPT to discern truth from lies. It just goes by likelihood. For example, if you asked it to explain Special Relativity and give a reference it would provide a lucid and accurate explanation but the reference would not be an actual reference but it would take a stab at the most likely and would give something along the lines of:

Einstein, A. "Special Relativity", Annalen der Physik, 1905, p1-20

Because Einstein is the most likely person to have published, Annalen der Physik is his preferred journal, his papers generally ran about 20 pages and they always put him in the front.
Thanks, but I don't bother with those "Chat" things on the internet if I can help it. My problems are right here and a couple of other sites I inhabit when I'm on. I've got a train of thought and can still type reasonably well following it, almost without thinking about it, and all of a sudden appears these words on the screen trying to anticipate my train of thought and too often it throws me off at my age regardless of the fact that I spent nearly sixty years in a field working with ever evolving computer technology and softwares (sic). Even at the moment it is trying to tell me I misspelled "softwares" until I put "(sic)" after it. I went back to clear the "(sic)" and it promptly told me I had misspelled the word again. Now it tells me that I've still misspelled it even after I put "(sic)" back. Like I said, I don't like having a tyrant looking over my shoulder and being before me so constantly trying to lead me, direct me, whether I want it or not. That smacks of something trying to take over my will and mind and how and what I think rather than just being a spell checker. But thanks again. I very well agree with you about it trying to become an on-line programmed AI version, extension, of the Orwellian Big Brother and its Ministry of Truth. If it does take over the internet, we are really living in a tyrannical totalitarian matrix-like hologram on Earth then, we are so symbiotic now with our technologies.

We (not me or my children but my grandchildren and great-grandchildren I'm already seeing) need to break out of here, break out of our 'Iron Curtain' concentration camp of Earth alone, to the Frontier or we will end up being at all-out war with our own technological creations.

Last edited:
I don't know if social media predictive text comes from ChatGPT or not. Probably not since ChatGPT needs ten seconds or so to give an answer and costs $$ if used in bulk. I have predictive text turned off everywhere it is available.

I am reminded of the poor guy who failed to check before he pressed the send button.

Wife: "Do I look fat?"
Man: "Nooooo"
Predictive text does not recognize "Nooooo" and substitutes "Mooooo"

I don't know if social media predictive text comes from ChatGPT or not. Probably not since ChatGPT needs ten seconds or so to give an answer and costs $$ if used in bulk. I have predictive text turned off everywhere it is available.

I am reminded of the poor guy who failed to check before he pressed the send button.

Wife: "Do I look fat?"
Man: "Nooooo"
Predictive text does not recognize "Nooooo" and substitutes "Mooooo"
Hilarious. I should not even think of passing it on to my wife of -- soon to be -- fifty-five years. Then again, maybe I just might.

But back to something a little less serious for a moment. I envision our voluntary and involuntary choices with the long-predicted AI finally coming to fruition. One of two futures:

1) Breakout into Space Frontier and Star Wars type symbiosis with our AI technologies. In other words, looking like just normal life proceeding.

2) No Space Age, no Space Age Frontier, and Terminator Wars on Earth with AI, along with humans, being on both sides of Armageddon. AI will be hit with the tree of evolution branching it out into non-monolithic singularity like the rest of the complexity and chaos of life. It will be a created strange attractor of chaos. If, perhaps, not, it can only end in a closed systemic world a monolithically insane murder-suicide pact of Utopia (Dystopia) like I described originally. Closed systemic entropy will inexorably hammer it into a negative tree of evolutionary branching. If it were to survive, back to Terminator, Blade Runner, and/or Tron. Similar to (1)), only far more negative for being, overall, far more closed systematic world.

Like I said sometimes before, it was my fifty-year-plus career field within yet two other career fields heavily engaged with it. I'm not an amateur layman in it and it comes naturally to me. My nearly seventy-year secondary interest, now primary since retirement, has been history, histories, time, space, and with them the sheer nature of things, their dimensions of physics, which I found, if nothing more able than that, I have an innate feel for.

Last edited:
Reactions: billslugg

Latest posts