Is Geometry of Space Leading Cosmology on wild goose chases

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AdmiralRitt

There are some very weird phenomenon out there.

Dark Energy
Dark Flow
Large Voids
Variable Rules for the above.

I have read that if the geometry of space is not smooth you get some strange effects.
these effects guide how electromagnetic waves travel and they give them their characteristics.

I think it strange that Occam's razor, is not the ruling philosophy in cosmology, we should be
Developing ideas to test if some of these are in fact a distortion of local space, or an aspect of Space-Time
that TPTB got subtly wrong. After all, it would surely 'Solve' many Cosmological puzzles and do
away with patching, ignoring, creating new 'Forces' to explain some observations.

It's as if cosmology were being paid for Yardage instead of scoring, or reawakening the Lumens Ether in another form

E

emperor_of_localgroup

From time to time I also wonder why light (electromagnetic radiation) travels in waves?
Where does the wave shape come from? and why?
One of my speculations is the space is discrete in nature (kind of closely packed grids).
High energy light goes through more grids than low energy light. But I'm still unclear about
behaviors of amplitude of the waves.

So, the next question will be if the space is discrete, is this discreteness uniform over the entire cosmos?
If not, we'll observe many strange phenomena.

K

KhashayarShatti

AdmiralRitt":3k86wiys said:
There are some very weird phenomenon out there.

Dark Energy
Dark Flow
Large Voids
Variable Rules for the above.

I have read that if the geometry of space is not smooth you get some strange effects.
these effects guide how electromagnetic waves travel and they give them their characteristics.

I think it strange that Occam's razor, is not the ruling philosophy in cosmology, we should be
Developing ideas to test if some of these are in fact a distortion of local space, or an aspect of Space-Time
that TPTB got subtly wrong. After all, it would surely 'Solve' many Cosmological puzzles and do
away with patching, ignoring, creating new 'Forces' to explain some observations.

It's as if cosmology were being paid for Yardage instead of scoring, or reawakening the Lumens Ether in another form
Driving science of cosmology in the right direction is an enterprise.
AdmiralRitt":3k86wiys said:
Where did you read that?

B

believer_since_1956

emperor_of_localgroup":bfjrcmu6 said:
From time to time I also wonder why light (electromagnetic radiation) travels in waves?
Where does the wave shape come from? and why?
One of my speculations is the space is discrete in nature (kind of closely packed grids).
High energy light goes through more grids than low energy light. But I'm still unclear about
behaviors of amplitude of the waves.

So, the next question will be if the space is discrete, is this discreteness uniform over the entire cosmos?
If not, we'll observe many strange phenomena.

The wave shape depends on the emitter of the waves geometry. A large object such as a sun (neglecting solar flares, and sunspots) will emit uniform illumination in all directions. As the waves spread they become less circular and more like a plane. Crude example throw a rock into the middle of lake Erie, by the time the wave reaches Cleveland, Ohio it will look like a flat i.e. no circular wave front. To answer your question about wave amplitude, that is the amount of peak energy or power in the wave. As to traveling in waves this is an observed fact, I don't think there is a cause and affect answer why waves exist other than without traveling waves, no radio,no light, no energy to support life radiated by the Sun. I would hazard a guess to say EM traveling waves is just part of a good design for the Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.