Question Is there a 9th planet? If so, then how big, dense, and massive is it? What is its orbit around the sun and gravitational effect on the Solar System?

Does Planet 9 exist?

• yes

• no

• probably

• not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, there's the hole in that theory. I will do some research though.
:) Nice pun, but not because a BH would hurt Neptune, but because a planetary mass BH evaporates too quickly. [IIRC]

The planets only orbit due to gravity and they don't care if the primary mass is fluffy or close to a singularity. Newton formalized the principle where the c.g. is at the center, after all.

Last edited:

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
For anyone interested in magazine opinions, there is an article "Is there a Planet Nine" by David Crookes in: All About Space, Issue 116, May 2021.

"Simulations have shown that Planet Nine causes the orientations of the ETNOs* orbits to cluster on timescales comparable to the age of our Solar System . . . . . . There are now on the order of a dozen ETNOs that appear to exhibit this clustering, and if you look at the data, this clustering appears to be rather robust."

In conclusion: "A new planet would be extremely cool, and it would solve a lot of anomalies that we don't understand about our Solar System . . . . . . But we have to entertain the possibility that there is no Planet Nine and continue searching for alternate explanations of these anomalies".
*Extreme Trans Neptunian Objects

Cat :)

For anyone interested in magazine opinions, there is an article "Is there a Planet Nine" by David Crookes in: All About Space, Issue 116, May 2021.
Couldn't you find a newer one? *wink* [Nice one!]

This model seems to match the one presented shortly after the time Mike Brown, et. al, introduced their theory for another planet. [Space.com article here from 2017]

Ann-Marie Madigan, a postdoctoral researcher at the University of California Berkeley, found that the objects could "self-organize," pushing and pulling one another into their unusual orbits.

Both models, of course, presented predictions that could be tested. I don't know the results of those tests but perhaps she was on the right trail after all.

Last edited:
Another interesting development that seems to have gone unnoticed, assuming I understand what happened, is the N-body orbiting calculus has been established.

A recent Star Date mag. article was about the discovery of a third body using a broken radar system. [The track was broken that allowed the disk's movement.] So they used the radar (fixed) anyway and found three bodies in tight orbits. She (I forgot her name but it begins with "A" ;)) had some math background and interest to develop a full solution to N-body math. Thus, the use of iterations may be something of the past. I'm not absolutely sure this is correct, but I think it is, and it's a big deal, IMO.

If so, then perhaps it will tweak what is needed in this case.

Last edited:
May 3, 2021
Visit site
As noted above, not necessarily. That is why sources matter. Relying upon YT, there should be little green men all over the place, too.
The channel I got my information from is scientific, and I only believe the most reasonable channels, such as, riddle, unveiled, and what if. (what if is theoretical possibilities)

Reactions: Catastrophe

Latest posts