ISS computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cello

I'm need to prepare a presentation about the topic and found it difficult to find information about it. There is easy to find tons about space shuttle computers on the net, but there is very little about ISS.

I'm going to break it in at least three categories. Mission critical flight control, environmental control etc. Then separate group is all kind of payload computers. And the third is laptops used by crew.

Presentation is going to be light, without deep analysis of buffers or stacks, whatever. Still number of details is needed. For example, for mission critical part, cpu type, ram, hdd (if there is), number and location, redundancy, Russian part, US part, communications between them, between Earth, differences in used hardware, software, algorithms, etc. Same about payload computers. Then crew's ThinkPads, models, modifications, application (there is number, I believe). Etc, etc, etc... Maybe also some word about communications, internal lan, types and availability of "wan's"... any other ideas related to topic.

I already have something from mentioned above, but information is somehow very poor. Please, share same good sources on the net or, maybe, just drop some brilliant sentences. Thanks :)

J

js117

cello":i9tff5ho said:
I'm need to prepare a presentation about the topic and found it difficult to find information about it. There is easy to find tons about space shuttle computers on the net, but there is very little about ISS.

I'm going to break it in at least three categories. Mission critical flight control, environmental control etc. Then separate group is all kind of payload computers. And the third is laptops used by crew.

Presentation is going to be light, without deep analysis of buffers or stacks, whatever. Still number of details is needed. For example, for mission critical part, cpu type, ram, hdd (if there is), number and location, redundancy, Russian part, US part, communications between them, between Earth, differences in used hardware, software, algorithms, etc. Same about payload computers. Then crew's ThinkPads, models, modifications, application (there is number, I believe). Etc, etc, etc... Maybe also some word about communications, internal lan, types and availability of "wan's"... any other ideas related to topic.

I already have something from mentioned above, but information is somehow very poor. Please, share same good sources on the net or, maybe, just drop some brilliant sentences. Thanks :)

This information is real old but maybe helpfull.
Here is the link
http://www.spaceref.com/iss/computer/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts