ISS mission 21 poster....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Yes, this is from NASA's website.

Medium: http://sfa.nasa.gov/MISSIONPOSTERS/exp2 ... Poster.pdf
Large: http://sfa.nasa.gov/MISSIONPOSTERS/exp2 ... 0large.pdf

Think they have some Star Trek fans at NASA?

ISS21posterSM.jpg

T

tanstaafl76

Eep. I appreciate the fun & enthusiastic spirit, but given economic conditions I'm not sure a lot of Americans would appreciate the use of tax payer dollars to put together a goofy photo shoot and poster.

D

docm

tanstaafl76":19kav4ox said:
Eep. I appreciate the fun & enthusiastic spirit, but given economic conditions I'm not sure a lot of Americans would appreciate the use of tax payer dollars to put together a goofy photo shoot and poster.
Hate to tell you this, but my 11 year old could have done that in Corel PhotoImpact within an hour or so, and an experienced editor in far less than that.

Cut, stamp, layer, merge and blend using stock photos of the ISS, Enterprise E, ISS crew and body shots from the TV series promo materials. The starburst is canned in many photo editors, even low end ones. The Trek fonts are free online.

T

tanstaafl76

Why would you hate to tell me that? That it's scrapped together in an amateur manner (yet they still made a poster of it?) is all the more reason that it would not play well with the public. I just don't think it does a service to their public image, is all.

C

CalliArcale

I guess you're saying the public is utterly devoid of humor -- and hates Star Trek?

Maybe that's true, though I hope not, but I think the astronauts have the right to be silly once in a while. This is along the lines of aviators painting cartoon characters on their bombers in WWII; doesn't hurt anything, and improves morale. So what's the problem?

T

tanstaafl76

When it comes to government programs and what they spend our time/money on, yes I think many Americans are devoid of a sense of humor given how much debt this country is in.

It's not that this specific expenditure is large or glaring, just that it is a bit childish/amateur and sends the wrong message if it gets out to the public. If it were just a photoshop job they used internally for humor it would be one thing, but if they are printing up posters and hanging them it's a different story...

Status
Not open for further replies.