It drives me crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shpaget

... to have to log in pretty much every time I visit the forums.
It makes no difference whether I check the "Keep me logged in until I log out." box or not.

Suggestion:
Please go to ACP and enable this feature. :D

S

Shpaget

So it's unanimously.
judge.gif

H

hewes

It's weird. Half the time, when I log back in, it fails the first time. Then, it successfully logs me in, but at the home page, so I have to scroll down to the link to the message boards. On the other hand, some days I pull up the forum page, on a different computer and after having logged in the previous day, and I'm still logged in. Very weird.

B

baulten

I really hate the logging in too. I come to free space directly, have to log in, then have to come back. Or sometimes I'm already logged in.

Or sometimes I'm logged in, but I have to log in again to access free space. What's up with that?

S

SpeedFreek

Yup, I get this too... very annoying to have to keep logging in.

G

greddytalon

:lol:
It annoys the hell out of me too, but...
Sorry guys, not laughing at you...okay fine, I am.

God, I just hate having to reach all over this keyboard with my fingers! It's takes 30 seconds to do this and it really f**ks up my day! I don't have time to sit here and push all these useless buttons! It's too much work!

That's it! I'm going out to buy a little monkey that will sit on my desk and do all my typing for me from now on!

:lol:

B

Boris_Badenov

We are sorry. This email and/or password combination does not exist.

This is the notice I get when it kicks me off as it just did. I'm at work right now & I only have to enter my password as the computer enters my email address automatically. While I agree it isn't much of an inconvenience, it is a recurring one & I would like to see them fix it.

S

StarRider1701

What's the big deal? I type the first letter of my log in and the comp fills in everything else. Then all I gotta do is click the log in button and i'm done. How hard is that?!?
I personally don't like the "keep me logged in" feature. I don't care if it ever works, I wouldn't use it anyway!

E

EarthlingX

StarRider1701":y3fg1jz3 said:
What's the big deal? I type the first letter of my log in and the comp fills in everything else. Then all I gotta do is click the log in button and i'm done. How hard is that?!?
I personally don't like the "keep me logged in" feature. I don't care if it ever works, I wouldn't use it anyway!
Agreed.
I use FireFox, have a bookmark to 'login page' and password saved in FF. Easy beesy, click, click, click.

S

Swampcat

StarRider1701":chkoivnt said:

Well, I do. Different strokes for different folks.

My way is to click on the link from my home page and I'm there. One click. Only this problem gets in the way of that.

I can go to NSF.com and it doesn't matter how long I've been away, I get logged in without having to do a thing. The competition works. Hint, hint... :evil:

This is a problem whether some of you think so or not. Telling us you think we're upset about nothing doesn't fix a thing. The option is there. It does not work :x

Either remove the option or fix it.

S

StarRider1701

Swampcat":h8lb93pq said:
I can go to NSF.com and it doesn't matter how long I've been away, I get logged in without having to do a thing. The competition works. Hint, hint... :evil:

This is a problem whether some of you think so or not. Telling us you think we're upset about nothing doesn't fix a thing. The option is there. It does not work :x

Either remove the option or fix it.

I too have other sites where I can go and I get logged in automatically without my having to do anything.
I do agree with your last line - if they are going to offer an option, it should work.

S

StarRider1701

Before I say anything else, let me say I'm not a comp person, I don't know how all this stuff works.

I've had trouble with "keep me logged in" features on other websites, which is why I don't use them anymore. The sites where the auto-logins seem to work best have the "recognize me on this comp" feature where the system does not try to keep me logged in all the time. It recognizes my IP and logs me in when I go to the site. This seems to work far easier and better than the "keep me logged in" feature. I'm guessing these are two diff methods of essencially doing the same thing. Perhaps the bosses of SDC might consider doing it the other way.

S

Shpaget

It just comes down to cookies and their expiration (unless there's some other problem, even more evil than cookie stealing mafia).

B

Boris_Badenov

It's started to happen every time I log back in.

S

Smersh

Boris_Badenov":3dqvwlpm said:

It's started to happen every time I log back in.

I've been getting that message as well - but only if I click on "login" after I've entered my username and password into the login fields. I use the Opera browser (mostly anyway) and if I just enter the login details from the Opera "wand" (without clicking on "login") the eggtimer appears for a while whilst it's thinking, then about 2 minutes later I will find I have been logged in (if it's my lucky day ... :? )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts