Judge Dredd reboot: hard, mean and a great crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Judge Dredd is a law enforcement officer in a violent US city where uniformed Judges combine the powers of police, judge, jury and executioner. They are empowered to arrest, sentence and even execute criminals on the spot.

Director Pete Travis (Vantage Point) will begin shooting Judge Dredd in Johannesburg, South Africa later this year with the same crew who made Neill Blomkamp's District 9. Release is set for 2012.

Judge Dredd: Karl Urban (Star Trek's "Bones" McCoy)

Producer Andrew MacDonald said this at ComiCon:

The main thing about Dredd is that it’s a fantastic comic that was completely messed up 20 years ago. Our idea is to make a very hard, R-rated, gritty, realistic movie of Dredd in Megacity, so we’ve got to get the tone right. He’s not going to take off his helmet. His bike is going to feel real. He’s going to hit people and it’s going to feel real. There’s been a change in comic-book movies; they were treated unseriously and now they’re treated seriously.

A

a_lost_packet_

Sweet!

Dred is NOT the character that Stallone played. At least, not the kind, gentle parts...

As far as the previous movie went, as long as I accepted that it wasn't Judge Dredd, I could enjoy it. But, Stallone's Dredd is definitely not Judge Dredd.

I read a little and discovered that they're really trying to stick to the Judge Dredd character instead of all the fru-fru stuff they rambled on about in the Stallone picture. That Judge Dredd was a wuss, by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.