kepler mission

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hvacsteve

i`m all for the search for another rock we can abuse, but i think the oort cloud would be an interesting place to aim my lenses at (i`m sure they`ll do that anyways). at least we`ll be able to tell what the hell planet x actually is!!

B

bearack

rubicondsrv":3i2lj5lv said:
m&l is a more appropriate place for this topic

I would disagree. Searching for a mythical planet does not deserve to be in M&L.

M

MeteorWayne

In fact it's a duplicate of the post in Free Space.

R

rubicondsrv

MeteorWayne":3teg28rh said:
In fact it's a duplicate of the post in Free Space.
it is the free space thread.

bearack":3teg28rh said:
rubicondsrv":3teg28rh said:
m&l is a more appropriate place for this topic

I would disagree. Searching for a mythical planet does not deserve to be in M&L.

off to U land then

H

hvacsteve

so i guess this topic should be in the unexplained forum,heh? so is there anybody out there who has anything to say regarding this `planetx` business.....(without trying to sound like some sarcastic genius...whilst on the net....ahhh ANONIMITY)

A

Archer17

hvacsteve":1bfio9uj said:
so i guess this topic should be in the unexplained forum,heh? so is there anybody out there who has anything to say regarding this `planetx` business.....(without trying to sound like some sarcastic genius...whilst on the net....ahhh ANONIMITY)

Short answer: It's hokum.

We've already survived one Planet X scenario (Nancy Lieder's 2003 wandering rogue was a no-show) and can't find the others.

M

MeteorWayne

Archer17":20yq9frd said:
We've already survived one Planet X scenario (Nancy Lieder's 2003 wandering rogue was a no-show) and can't find the others.

Ahh, Nancy...Queen of the Woo Woos!!

S

Smersh

What happened to planets A thru W? And will anyone be inventing planets Y and Z, when X doesn't show up?

Enquiring minds want to know. :evil:

M

Mee_n_Mac

Smersh":2da901v2 said:
What happened to planets A thru W? And will anyone be inventing planets Y and Z, when X doesn't show up?

Might they be XI and XII ?

T

trumptor

Mee_n_Mac":1u5ojy5d said:
Smersh":1u5ojy5d said:

Might they be XI and XII ?

Actually now that Pluto has been demoted doesn't planet X get demoted as well to planet IX? And are the people that live there gonna be made when they fly back in duing their 26,000 yr orbit and attack us now that we demoted them as well? Did anyone even bring this up during the debate surrounding Pluto's demotion? Could've maybe saved Pluto.

Status
Not open for further replies.